Onsite Feb 24th to Mar 9th - Pop at Pop

Bobbil

Earning My Ears
Hi all.
Just got back from almost 2 full weeks onsite.
Came away with funny findings.
MDE ... Still not ready for primetime
CM's ... less and less ready for primetime
Guests ... Quite the show
Fastpass+ ... Cute
Smoking areas are EVERYWHERE now ;-/

I'll post bits-n-pieces on my trip and our experience in the coming days.
Though some of my comments might seem like criticism, they're really just observations, no offense meant.

1st topic to tackle, I guess, is the infamous MDE.
In the weeks leading up to our trip, the whole MDE app and online experience was alot of fun.
The whole family could get in on the planning and running through virtual weeks onsite. What we'd do and when; basing our virtual vacation on past visits and coming up with our "must do" lists.
Right up until our arrival onsite, we were running through the possibilities.
Funny to see how Mine Train was locked 2 weeks out but that was to be expected, i guess.

First hiccup ... Actually arriving onsite and checking in.
Things seemed to be off to a smooth start then the CM at checkin drops the "I only see one child and no park tickets on your reservation". Needless to say, not the way I'd hoped to start things off.
But being on vacation and in a fairly smooth mood I suggested she look again a bit closer, to which she replied, "well, if you really do have tickets, you can use the MDE to tie them to your reservation". The fact that it had been done 2 months previous didn't seem to matter to her. Something definitely happened when she checked us in, but this was looking more like a self-serve, learning experience so being tired from a full day of travelling, I decided to give it a try.

We got our magic bands, mugs, filled 'em up with coffee and hot chocolate and went to our room to give it a try.

Oh what fun we'd have ... My first steps being trained as a MDE troubleshooting CM and I didn't even realize it ...magic, I tell you

Odd .. I had this great idea to post a full write-up of my 2 week experience and suddenly I don't think it's worth it ... Much like Disney itself.
Most of the joy and relaxation came from finding ways to get around what Disney has put in place to "enhance" my vacation.
Granted, Disney has always been about what you bring to it, but they've created a disconnect with the new MDE.
I suppose it all comes down to; when I used to visit Disneyworld, I was surrounded by the best of what people had to offer. It seemed to be an opportunity to bring together the best hopes and dreams and personalities of everyone there (guest and cast members). Over the last few generations of "guest experience" tweeking, they've put inplace a dumbed down interaction where most of the guests can simply go on in their own little bubbles, barely experiencing where they are.
A shame really, but for now, Disney (in Florida anyway) has become an experience much like visiting my grandmother who had alzeimer's, who I loved dearly, but who is no longer herself.
I thought I'd have fun sharing some of my thoughts and observations on the day to day workings that I saw going on around me during my visit, but all this last trip has done is send me packing; literally.
Have fun Disney community. It was fun while it lasted.
Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter