Onsite perk timeline

agamble

DIS Veteran
I know things have changed with FP this last year, and could change again in the following year. However, I am confused about onsite perk timelines. I just read a DIS article from at least 4 years ago that said that FP+ was tied to your ticket length not room length. The claim was people staying just 1 or 2 days onsite were able to book FP+ at 60 days out for as long as their tickets were valid. But I'm thinking maybe this changed. The article also said guests at WDW hotels could book dining reservations 10 days out regardless of length of stay. This is information I will need to understand. We're probably staying at our timeshare for two weeks, but may be in Florida for 16 to 18 days. If it is true that we could book dining reservations10 days out even if we only stay 3 nights that could sway me to start our trip at a WDW hotel rather than try to tack days on at our timeshare. That along with the magical express and Magic bands would make 3 days in a small hotel room a little more valuable.

The ten day out info was confusing for me too. I finally got that it was talking about the fact that you could book your dining based on the 180 days from your first day at Disney. Then the rest of the time, up to ten days you would also be able to book even though it wasn't at the 180 day mark yet. So what that means is technically you get an extra ten days if your stay is that long. If your stay is 7 days, you can go in and get the extra 7 days if you are getting reservations for the last days of your trip. Not sure I'm explaining it right and if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will come along and correct it. But that's how I'm understanding it. Don't have a clue about the FP part.

I know things have changed with FP this last year, and could change again in the following year. However, I am confused about onsite perk timelines. I just read a DIS article from at least 4 years ago that said that FP+ was tied to your ticket length not room length. The claim was people staying just 1 or 2 days onsite were able to book FP+ at 60 days out for as long as their tickets were valid. But I'm thinking maybe this changed. The article also said guests at WDW hotels could book dining reservations 10 days out regardless of length of stay. This is information I will need to understand. We're probably staying at our timeshare for two weeks, but may be in Florida for 16 to 18 days. If it is true that we could book dining reservations10 days out even if we only stay 3 nights that could sway me to start our trip at a WDW hotel rather than try to tack days on at our timeshare. That along with the magical express and Magic bands would make 3 days in a small hotel room a little more valuable.

FP has always been tied to ticket days and not room days. What the article might have been talking about was because they were onsite for a couple days and then moved offsite, they had a 60 day window for booking all their FP instead of just 30 days. Supposedly, that can no longer be done. People were booking a room onsite then cancelling once they got to their 30 day window, but those 60 day window FPs stayed.

I agree with what Tiggerlover91 is saying. I recently read an article that said if you cancel your reservations, you will lose your fastpasses. I guess that was a loophole around having to wait for 30 days.

Thanks for the responses. I feel I got my answers from various boards. It seems like it used to be the way it was, but Disney changed things. This is what I assumed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter