• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OnWithTheShow Goes West!

OnWithTheShow

No Entangling Alliances
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I will be making my first trip to the West Coast over my school's spring break (Mar 9-13). I will be visiting the Disneyland resort and staying at the Grand Californian. I cant tell you all how excited I am for this trip! I will check out all the attractions at DCA and DL and tell you which ones are ripe for the cloning. I will also make a trip over to Burbank to try to get Eisner to answer for his sins. Who knows maybe they will like me so much they will put me in charge. If anyone has any requests for rumor searchs please let me know.

(Note: Discovering Another Voice's true identity is already on the list!)

Show, have a great trip & I'll be anxious to hear your reviews about all (and AV's identity) when you return. Also, please tell my uncle Mike hello, please...;)
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Have a great trip Show. I'm willing to bet that you're going to love Disneyland more than the MK. You've never seen anything like the Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye attraction. It's wonderful. If you need any advise or have any questions please feel free to email me, although I'm sure you've had your share of advise already.

INT. – AN UNDISCLOSED OFFICE

ANOTHER VOICE (AV) sits in the middle of chaos. Work is piled high, this morning’s coffee half unfinished. The GLOW from the computer screen casts a blue, hazy, unworldly aura throughout the room.

KNOCKING. The flimsy door RATTLES in poorly set hinges. AV doesn’t notice, or doesn’t care.

The door BURSTS down to reveal SECURITY – two fifty of muscle wearing sunglasses and a suit that cost a hell of a lot less – standing at the door.

SECURITY
Sir, we have to leave.

AV
Go away. I’m busy.

SECURITY
There’s another snooping attempt underway.

AV
That ‘scoop kid again? Have the ‘Matrix’ boys fry
his hard disk like they did to that Baron guy.

SECURITY
It’s not him sir, someone new. He’s on his
way here.

AV
Here? After they built California Adventure?
No sane person would subject themselves
to that!

SECURITY
Exactly sir. We consider this one extremely
dangerous.

AV stands and knocks back the half cup of cold Starbucks. He shivers at its bitter taste.

AV
(lamenting)
Will I never find a moment’s rest ever again?

EXT. STUDIO LOT – DAY

The MOTORCADE is lined up in front of the aged art deco office building. Five identical dark SUV’s surrounded by SECURITY AGENTS, ready to take on all comers.

AV and the Security exit the building. Other agents move to take up protective positions around them. The whole group moves as one over to the car in the middle.

A GUARD holds the three hundred pound blast-proof door open for AV.

AV
You know, I heard Cheney gets like peanuts
and Evian in his car.

SECURITY
Please get in the vehicle, sir.

AV
Just a thought for next time.

AV and Security enter. The guard SLAMS the door shut.

GUARD
What a jerk…

WIDER

The convoy heads out of the studio gate at high speed and disappears into the L.A. traffic.

Okay, this is as close to proper format as I can get it.

On the serious side Mr. Show, you won’t be seeing Disneyland with its best face on. Major sections of Fantasyland are walled off. ‘Pirates’ and ‘Splash’ will be down for rehab. The rest of Critter Country is being Pooh’d on right now. And over at California Adventure ‘SuperStar Limo’ is closed so you will not fully be able to know and “appreciate” the place as us local do (after seeing this attraction you will try to rekindle your fond memories of ‘If You Had Wings’).

Still, as Mr. Irodk mentions, you have to check out ‘Indiana Jones’ and all of Toontown. Also be prepared for how small the place looks. It’s better that way, but it always comes as a major shock to your WDW’ers.

I hope you have a great time and make sure to tell us the exciting time you had. Im planning a Dec trip to Dl so all the info is greatly appreciated.

Perhaps the greatest screenplay ever written. I am a little disappointed with all the closures but still I suspect I could spend the whole trip on Indy and be happy. I will attempt to add more to your screenplay Voice but give me a little time (durn school work).

OWTS - Don't discount DCA out of hand, I know that AV (and, to be fair, a lot of other people) think is isn't any good, but I really like the place. This is, of course, based at least partly on the fact that I don't have to pay extra to get into it... But if you could spend the whole time on Indy, you will have missed Soarin' & Screamin'. For the record, I, too, will be in the vicinity of DL & DCA on March 9 & 10. Let me know if you have a meet with AV scheduled, since I'd love to meet you both.

Sarangel

It would be terrfic to meet you guys. Since I am not a walking map of DL like I am of WDW you can feel free to name a time and place I will check and see what time I get in and get back to you soon. I know that I am staying at Grand Californian.

AV says:

I too will around this weekend.

Dare I emerge from the shadows???????

OnWithTheShow,

Please listen carefully.

BRING A CAMERA!!!!!!!!!

We will all be eternally in your debt!

Thanks!

Now Now, We don't want to Scare him. He's from Hollywood, I'd tie a copy of Daily Variety to a fishing pole and troll around Disneyland. He's bound to bite. :crazy:

There's a nice bar in the Grand Californian (though I can't remember it's name) - we could meet for drinks by the outside fireplace Saturday evening around 6:00ish... Or if you'd rather meet in Disneyland somewhere, I'm partial to the Carnation Cafe on Main street. Same time, but no alcohol (unless AV has a Club 33 membership).

I'll have my DH in tow, but he's a pretty regular lurker, so I suppose you could consider him a regular of the board even though he doesn't post much.

Cheers -

Sarangel

Cameras?

Have you been reading the rumors about what happened when a guest took a picture of the “singer” Brandy recently at Disneyland (check on mouseplanet.com).

Sorry Ms. Sara - had to give up the Club 33 privileges. One of the drawbacks to being an evil outsider.

Mr. Show, please send a private message with your e-mail.

OK, no cameras but can we at least hope for a bit of a trip report? ;)

I THINK that we are going to DL later this year too. Any and all info would be very appreciated.

Have a nice time!

No camera. Check.
Mentions 'shadows'. Check.
Wants to meet in dark lounge, probably after hours. Check.

Hmm...

Evil music piped in from behind the audience.

Lightning crashes through window on stage right.

MAN at desk looks up. "I remember this one from the serial, 'Dark Shadows.'"

MAN begins to hastily scribble a note on faded parchment, his quill bobbing up and down furiously. "Must...warn...Mr....On...With...The...Show! DO NOT EXPOSE THE NECK!"

OK, OTWS. How about meeting by Coke Corner around 6:00? There's a piano player there & lots of outdoor tables. We can drink or eat or not as we each choose.

Best -

Sarangel

I don't think AV will like it. I mean the open seating. He'll feel exposed. Better make it a corner booth in a dark cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter