• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oops. I should have booked a ticketless package. What now?

jpkkld

Mouseketeer
I made a mistake - happens every trip, I set something up and have to redo it later. Usually a minor inconvenience, but this one...

We are going next month - 4 days, booked a room/ticket package for my family of 3. All good. MIL has decided to join us the last night. She lives in FL and will be kindly picking us up at the parks after our Disney days and moving us to her house for our family visit. We won't have to rent a car, and we are happy to pay the adult charge for the room, plus her parking fees...

Except I'm reading that we won't be able to add her to the room for one night, even if we stop by the front desk to pay the day she arrives. Because she has to be part of our PACKAGE, which she certainly doesn't need for one night, and she's got FL Resident park tickets already!

So, normally, I would just get on the phone to see what can be done to switch to a ticketless package. But we're less than 30 days out and fully paid. Can they do ANYTHING for us at this point? Or are we out of luck? That is, is it worth calling to ask, given the crazy long wait times, or is it pointles to try because we're less than 30 days out?

The frustrating part is that, if she can't join the room reservation, I won't be able to book FOP for our last day. I doubt there will be any ILL$ left by the time I could book MIL (as an off-site guest) at 9 am.

Did you have a package or a room-only reservation? I've read at least 4 reports of this issue so I do think it's an issue, but I would love to be wrong!

I made a mistake - happens every trip, I set something up and have to redo it later. Usually a minor inconvenience, but this one...

We are going next month - 4 days, booked a room/ticket package for my family of 3. All good. MIL has decided to join us the last night. She lives in FL and will be kindly picking us up at the parks after our Disney days and moving us to her house for our family visit. We won't have to rent a car, and we are happy to pay the adult charge for the room, plus her parking fees...

Except I'm reading that we won't be able to add her to the room for one night, even if we stop by the front desk to pay the day she arrives. Because she has to be part of our PACKAGE, which she certainly doesn't need for one night, and she's got FL Resident park tickets already!

So, normally, I would just get on the phone to see what can be done to switch to a ticketless package. But we're less than 30 days out and fully paid. Can they do ANYTHING for us at this point? Or are we out of luck? That is, is it worth calling to ask, given the crazy long wait times, or is it pointles to try because we're less than 30 days out?

The frustrating part is that, if she can't join the room reservation, I won't be able to book FOP for our last day. I doubt there will be any ILL$ left by the time I could book MIL (as an off-site guest) at 9 am.
I had a similar situation with Florida residents joining us and very painlessly switched our package to a ticketless, or basic, package in order to add them and then bought tickets separately. That was two days before final payment though. I would think the money already being there makes it a slightly different process involving refunding the extra but I would think they could still do it. I added them ahead for the same reason, I understood that day guests added at the resort could not use the early entry or prepark open ILL booking

Another reason to hate they new pay for rides system!

I'd try calling. Hold times suck... I always go into queue choosing the option as if I'm trying to make a new reservation ( I think that wait is shorter than for existing reservations - Disney wants new $$ ) ... I always have something else I'm working in while on hold.

If they can't fix, the front desk when you get there should be able to help.

Good luck! Have fun!

Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll have to make the dreaded call to see what my official options are. @Unclelude thanks for the tip!

Hi folks, here's my on-the-ground update:

As expected, my room+ticket PACKAGE does not permit MIL to join us on our reservation. She can stay here, her car parking fee will be added to our ressie, but she's not a resort guest.

That means we can't buy FOP until park open tomorrow - no advance window for us while she's with us. Kind of a big deal since FOP's been selling out before park open the past few weeks.

We can fortunately book G+ for her, which I've been doing all day so we can tour MK together this evening. As a FL resident, she has to validate her residency status before entering a park, so I was concerned whether that would create any G+ issues. It hasn't.

So - check your options before buying a package!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter