** OPENING DAY PRICING 2017 Pt 2 May/September: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

September 30, 2017 Western Fantasty
Catagory 5B
2A2C (15 and 13)
With OBB no Insurance no gratuities
$5284.00

I can't justify the prices. I made a reservation for 6/17/2017 11 night southern Carrabean. 2 6B Verandah rooms for 2A/2C and 2A/1C with OBB On both. Party of four 12,946.73 and party of three $9695.59. These were made the day reservations opened for non gold/platinum last week.

I would be paying for one cruise what I have paid for my 3 previous cruises combined... these will be canceled I will either try another cruise line or possibly wait until the late fall schedule opens up and try an off season cruise instead.

I can't justify the prices. I made a reservation for 6/17/2017 11 night southern Carrabean. 2 6B Verandah rooms for 2A/2C and 2A/1C with OBB On both. Party of four 12,946.73 and party of three $9695.59. These were made the day reservations opened for non gold/platinum last week.

I would be paying for one cruise what I have paid for my 3 previous cruises combined... these will be canceled I will either try another cruise line or possibly wait until the late fall schedule opens up and try an off season cruise instead.

I have a feeling these cruises will be reduced in price, because people are not going to keep them when the PIF comes, anyone who can sail within 3 months will get better deals.

It is funny, I would not think of booking if I knew straight ahead it was too expensive.
Is there a strategy there?

I have a feeling these cruises will be reduced in price, because people are not going to keep them when the PIF comes, anyone who can sail within 3 months will get better deals.
This may be the case. I really think this will be the case again with the long European cruises. I've pretty much decided to hold out, and see if they 10 day Baltic gets reduced in Price. Not sure what to do with my OBB.

Just put a hold on-

July 21, 2017 European Magic
Category 5B
Stateroom 6068
2A/2C (16, 13) (A-$3549.00 C-$1365.00)
No OBB, no Insurance or gratuities
$10,378.28

I think we will go ahead to do it. More then I wanted to spend but my family really wants to go to Europe and I fear change and my comfort level is Disney. My TA said if for some reason the price drops Disney will adjust our total due. And if for some reason something happens in Europe we can transfer everything to another cruise.

Just put a hold on-

July 21, 2017 European Magic
Category 5B
Stateroom 6068
2A/2C (16, 13) (A-$3549.00 C-$1365.00)
No OBB, no Insurance or gratuities
$10,378.28

I think we will go ahead to do it. More then I wanted to spend but my family really wants to go to Europe and I fear change and my comfort level is Disney. My TA said if for some reason the price drops Disney will adjust our total due. And if for some reason something happens in Europe we can transfer everything to another cruise.
Price drops generally only happen after the PIF date. Dcl will not adjust the price after the PIF date. I hope your travel agent was clear on that. Also you cannot transfer your booking after Pif date without a penalty.

Price drops generally only happen after the PIF date. Dcl will not adjust the price after the PIF date. I hope your travel agent was clear on that. Also you cannot transfer your booking after Pif date without a penalty.

I meant to say my TA said of for some reason Disney cancelled the cruise we could transfer.

I expressed my concerns to my TA and we went back and forth but we are very comfortable booking our Europe trip and excited to make it a Disney exerpeience.

As for the price. It is what it is. As much as I cringed paying that much just for the cruise, I know we will love it.

I meant to say my TA said of for some reason Disney cancelled the cruise we could transfer.

I expressed my concerns to my TA and we went back and forth but we are very comfortable booking our Europe trip and excited to make it a Disney exerpeience.

As for the price. It is what it is. As much as I cringed paying that much just for the cruise, I know we will love it.
Ok good. I just wanted to make sure you knew DCL doesn't adjust for price drops like other cruise lines do. Enjoy your cruise.

Old San Juan is fabulous! You don't need to pay for an excursion there - there's plenty to do on your own. Even a free tram that takes you around town.

So, you did the one-way to or from San Juan? We are thinking about this one. What was your experience?

So, you did the one-way to or from San Juan? We are thinking about this one. What was your experience?
We've visited Puerto Rico three times, though never as part of a cruise. We have, however, walked from our hotel in the heart of Old San Juan down to the port and back again. It's a lovely walk! I love Old San Juan and would happily cruise either to or from there if it fit our schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter