• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** OPENING DAY PRICING 2018 Pt 3 September-December: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Those who posted prices WITH OBB, what does that mean, how does it effect the price? Is it a certain percentage lower than no OBB?
If you book a cruise onboard you get 10% off and 200.00 on board credit. Many people are booking with a 10% discount.

I haven't actually called any rental companies, but from what I've gleaned online your best bet is to drop off at a town near the Canadian border (or pay an enormous drop off fee - I've seen people quoting $1K but have no first hand knowledge if that is correct). We were considering switching cars in Buffalo, NY as that would send us home through Erie, PA which is where our son is in college. But even then, it's honestly a pain in the you know what. Sigh. I really, really want to take this cruise on Disney, but not making it RT out of NYC is probably going to be the deal breaker.
I will be keeping my WBTA. It may not be cheap to Fly to London, but it's easy. I just jump on a plane fall asleep, wake up and I'm there. It doesn't hurt that its 11 nights either. I'm up to 1,000 dollars on my capital one venture. I'll just keep using that card to pay for everything over the next year.

We live about an hour east of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is a wonderful city, but it completely stinks when you're trying to fly somewhere other than a hub. I've tried everything I can think of to make this cruise work for us, but it's not looking good. We can drive home from Quebec City (or Montreal) in less time than we can fly. But then, no one is going to rent us a car in Canada and let us drop it off in Latrobe, PA. So you have to find a border town where you can drop it off, then rent another car for the rest of the way. The easiest and least expensive way would be for us to drive our own car to NYC, leave it, take the cruise, then fly from Quebec City back to NYC and then drive 5 hours home. But given that we already have an NCL cruise that sails roundtrip from NYC to Quebec City booked at the same time, I'm really having a hard time taking on the added travel hassle.

My TA will give me prices in the morning (considering B2B just to avoid the travel issues), but looking at these quotes, I'm betting we stay with NCL and the ease of a round trip. It's a shame. I would love to do this on DCL, but the logistics just make it difficult.
What about a flight from Montreal to Pittsburgh? You could rent a car or take the train?

I haven't actually called any rental companies, but from what I've gleaned online your best bet is to drop off at a town near the Canadian border (or pay an enormous drop off fee - I've seen people quoting $1K but have no first hand knowledge if that is correct). We were considering switching cars in Buffalo, NY as that would send us home through Erie, PA which is where our son is in college. But even then, it's honestly a pain in the you know what. Sigh. I really, really want to take this cruise on Disney, but not making it RT out of NYC is probably going to be the deal breaker.

Wow yes, $1000 would be a very high fee! I thought $241 for one way one day versus $98 for two full days was pretty bad (we go up to Vancouver frequently to visit family).

Magic
September 20th, 2018
7-Night Canada Cruise from New York
7A - 2A - 5050.80 (No transfers, no gratuities, no insurance, no OBB)

Booked two 7A's for four adults. DH's company is based in Montreal. We plan to take the train from Quebec City to Montreal and fly back to Houston from there.

What about a flight from Montreal to Pittsburgh? You could rent a car or take the train?
I've looked at Montreal. It's better, but still enough to sway us from the ease of a RT from NYC. And we have to somehow get to Montreal from Quebec City - train, rental car it all costs $$$ and is a hassle. At the end of the day we can literally drive home quicker than we can fly from either Quebec or Montreal.

When we sail RT out of NYC we drive about 5 hours, stay at a very nice hotel in NJ that lets up park for free and the hotel stay includes transportation to and from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. You can't beat that.

Too bad your son couldn't pick you up in Niagara Falls, Canada. It's still out of your way to drive there, though.

But before you discard the idea, you should price out rentals. I did a sample rental this coming Oct from Quebec City to Pittsburgh through Enterprise and it came to $284 CAD (around $200 USD) for one day, dropping off in a different location. It's not a great rate, but it's not $1000 either.

Magic
September 20th, 2018
7-Night Canada Cruise from New York
7A - 2A - 5050.80 (No transfers, no gratuities, no insurance, no OBB)

Booked two 7A's for four adults. DH's company is based in Montreal. We plan to take the train from Quebec City to Montreal and fly back to Houston from there.

Added to the list - thank you!

I've looked at Montreal. It's better, but still enough to sway us from the ease of a RT from NYC. And we have to somehow get to Montreal from Quebec City - train, rental car it all costs $$$ and is a hassle. At the end of the day we can literally drive home quicker than we can fly from either Quebec or Montreal.

When we sail RT out of NYC we drive about 5 hours, stay at a very nice hotel in NJ that lets up park for free and the hotel stay includes transportation to and from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. You can't beat that.

Would you mind sharing the hotel name with me? I'm going out of NYC in the Fall...that sounds like a great idea... thx

Too bad your son couldn't pick you up in Niagara Falls, Canada. It's still out of your way to drive there, though.

But before you discard the idea, you should price out rentals. I did a sample rental this coming Oct from Quebec City to Pittsburgh through Enterprise and it came to $284 CAD (around $200 USD) for one day, dropping off in a different location. It's not a great rate, but it's not $1000 either.

It's funny, but Enterprise's site was the one company I didn't check! Their website was acting wonky the day I was doing this. Every other company I checked wouldn't even let me try - just said no cars available (I was checking for this year, not 2018). The one exception was Alamo. They wouldn't let the rental go through to Pittsburgh, but gave me a list of cities near the border they would rent to. Buffalo made the most sense. I have no idea if the $1000 is accurate or not. It's a number that I saw thrown around online on various chat rooms when I Googled the subject.

Expedia gave me good rate, though, but in reading the fine print they noted that there could be extra fees for crossing the border. Not completing the rental, I don't know what those would have been. I'll have to do some more checking, but it's just so easy (and cheap!!) for us to get to and from NYC.

Why did you think there would be a discount?
The purpose of this thread is so prices for OPENING DAY can be tracked in one place prior to being viewable online. I will include CASTAWAY CLUB STATUS this time! If you do not say which group you belong to I will assume it is for the current day's opening.

P = Platinum booking
G= Gold booking
S = Silver booking

Once the prices are available online I will CEASE to include numbers unless I am specifically told in the post which CC status and/or day it was booked.

PLEASE POST THE CATEGORY AND NOT JUST THE DECK THE ROOM IS ON. THANK YOU.

*** PLEASE INCLUDE THE PASSENGER PRICE BREAKDOWN IN YOUR POST. THIS ALLOWS OTHERS TO HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH IT WOULD BE WITH A DIFFERENT NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE SAME CATEGORY. THANK YOU! ***

Examples:
[Ship][Cat#][# of adults and/or kids with ages and cost per cruiser -- i.e. 2A2K (8,10) $5200 [1800|1800|800|800]] Insurance/transfers/air/OBB

will look like:
Cat 11B 2A2K (10,8) $5200 [1800|1800|800|800] no ins/trans/air/OBB

PLEASE only post your prices in this thread, not "in search of".

Thank you for your help - it is invaluable to others who can't get quotes for planning their cruises!

Numbers to call: 800-951-3532; 800-951-3532; 888-325-2500; 888-325-2500; CC #800-449-3380; 800-449-3380
Time DCL opens: 8 am ET

IF A QUOTE WAS POSTED FOR 1A1K, IT IS LISTED AS 2A SINCE THE COST OF THE FIRST TWO PEOPLE IN A STATEROOM IS NOT DEPENDENT ON THE AGE OF EITHER GUEST.
Come on gold members,let's get some good pricing. Represent!

Come on gold members,let's get some good pricing. Represent!
I'm anxious and excited. FYI. I'll be getting info for Nov/dec dates out of PC for 7 night and 2 4 nighters for 2A and 1C. I may need a defribrilator once I get quotes though! Ridiculously long time getting into the system this morning!

Last edited:
My TA was one of the first to get through yesterday.

October 4 Disney Magic Bermuda
P 7A 2A $2951.08 [1278] [1278] no ins/trans/air/OBB

P 9D 2A $2591.08 no ins/trans/air/no OBB

Still 24 hours to go until we Silvers can get on to the phone to book.

Watching the WBTA prices with interest - looking for price breaks for each cabin type for 2A 1K...

Still 24 hours to go until we Silvers can get on to the phone to book.

Watching the WBTA prices with interest - looking for price breaks for each cabin type for 2A 1K...

I'm the same! So nervous waiting to see what quote I get from the TA.

Fingers cross it fits my expected price range,.

I'm the same! So nervous waiting to see what quote I get from the TA.

Fingers cross it fits my expected price range,.

Prices don't seem to have been too bad so far - within what we were expecting. Hoping they don't go up too much in the next 24 hours.

Could someone let me know what the deposit is on one of the cruises if you have no OBB? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter