• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Ok so I hope I do this right.

6/01/19 Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Cat5A 2A3K (9,8,5) total with Ins./Grat Yes OBB Total $10,628.35

6/22/19 Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Cat5A 2A3K (9,8,5) total with Ins./Grat Yes OBB Total $13.934.55

6/23/19 Dream 5 Night Cat5A 4A3K (9,8,5) total with Ins./Grat Yes OBB Total $8,883.93
Are you sure about the cat 5A? I thought only cat 4 and 8 had rooms for 5.

Tried all morning to get through- finally got through and was on hold for a little over 2 hours.

Silver using OBB

FANTASY- 6/8/19 11B 1A1K $4549
No ins/trans/air YES OBB

TA just got disconnected again, I haven't had one connected call. This seems a little over the top for Disney. Does this long of a wait time/busy time seem normal?

TA just got disconnected again, I haven't had one connected call. This seems a little over the top for Disney. Does this long of a wait time/busy time seem normal?

Apparently there are a lot more DVC members who have never cruised who decided they wanted to. It was bad the last release, but I don't think it was this bad - the primary difference (well, besides the obvious time of year and itineraries) seems to be the DVC members as Platinum and Gold did not seem from reports on here to be that much different from last release.

Disney Magic 9/8/19 11B, 2A $3658.32 (1680) (1680) no ins/trans/OBB

I was in tears because after holding forever (not to mention 2+hours of busy signals) I accidentally leaned against my phone and hung up right after the cast member had picked the room. I was sobbing and then a few minutes later I received my hold confirmation email. We hadn’t even gotten to prices, but I am so thankful that she put it through regardless. She saved my day for sure!!

I'm not sure there is a "normal" for this yet as they only split up CC status recently. It sure feels like silver is taking longer than last time though. Maybe word got around better about that change by now? It used to be silver just booked on opening day with the general public and platinum/gold shared a phone in day.

Disney Magic 9/8/19 11B, 2A $3658.32 (1680) (1680) no ins/trans/OBB

I was in tears because after holding forever (not to mention 2+hours of busy signals) I accidentally leaned against my phone and hung up right after the cast member had picked the room. I was sobbing and then a few minutes later I received my hold confirmation email. We hadn’t even gotten to prices, but I am so thankful that she put it through regardless. She saved my day for sure!!

Howdy neighbor! I have a hold on this cruise too! :cutie: Did they have rooms on starboard side now...? Yesterday the CM and I could only see the Port side ones!

I'm not sure there is a "normal" for this yet as they only split up CC status recently. It sure feels like silver is taking longer than last time though. Maybe word got around better about that change by now? It used to be silver just booked on opening day with the general public and platinum/gold shared a phone in day.

Don't forget they added DVC into the mix today. I wouldn't think there were that many DVC members who hadn't cruised that went "OMG, we can book before the general public!" - but maybe there were.

Or maybe it's the summer itineraries are different itineraries thing.

Don't forget they added DVC into the mix today. I wouldn't think there were that many DVC members who hadn't cruised that went "OMG, we can book before the general public!" - but maybe there were.

Or maybe it's the summer itineraries are different itineraries thing.

Definitely summer has *something* to do with it... I don't think gold had as long a wait last release either. It was about the same to start but it died off earlier I think. I had a 40 minute wait at 8pm EST last night! I can't image the Adventure by Disney people added much either but hey maybe so...

I believe OBB - stands for 'on board benefit' - the 10% discount one gets when they book a holding reservation on an existing cruise. For example I paid $250 USD on our last cruise - we received a 10% discount on the cruise that we booked today. You have 2 years to cruise and get the benefit - otherwise you get your money back.
Thanks so much! So all these prices thst people say OBB I should 10% to the total?

Silver member

Dream 07/26/2019 4E 2A2K (15,14) $4731 [1416|1416|801|801] no ins/no trans/no air/no OBB

It took 4 hours of busy signals and 2 hours on hold, but I finally got reservations!

Dream Aug. 19 10A 3A $3424 [$1,332|$1,332|$760] no ins/trans/air/OBB $223.02 taxes/fees

I want to thank the Nor'easter for closing my workplace, since I never would have been able to do this if I wasn't snowed in.

Mine got missed as well. Here they are:

S - Dream 6/14/2019 5 night Bahamas Double Dip 5C 2A1K (age 15) $5,853 no ins/trans/air/OBB
S - Dream 6/19/2019 4 night Bahamas Double Dip 5C 2A1K (age 15) $5,355 no ins/trans/air/OBB

Thanks so much! So all these prices thst people say OBB I should 10% to the total?
It'll be slightly less than 10% higher as the OBB 10% discount is only off the base fares, not the port fees/taxes...but yes, for quick math, add 10% and then be pleasantly surprised when your cost is a little less than that!

Howdy neighbor! I have a hold on this cruise too! :cutie: Did they have rooms on starboard side now...? Yesterday the CM and I could only see the Port side ones!

I’m not sure on that, I have room 6105 which was the first one she offered : ) Midship location.

My TA started at 6AM and has still not been able to get through. 6 hours later, one disconnection and still no reservation. I'm so stressed. I've been trying to get through too and nothing but a busy signal.

I haven't heard from mine at all yet and my placeholders are still placeholders. I feel awful for the TAs. DCL needs to get it together.

I’m not sure on that, I have room 6105 which was the first one she offered : ) Midship location.

I think she chose very nicely! :) I'm just curious by nature. It also weirded me out that this quote was exactly the same down to the penny for a different sailing, in a different cat, on a different ship in midsummer! :scratchin They were the only two I requested!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter