• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

So lets say I booked a cabin this morning for my in-laws, and I put the wrong year for the birth date. Can I call in and change that? Eventually, obviously not in the middle of the opening craziness.
Yes but do it asap. I had a cruise booked by phone and the agent had 3 birthdays wrong, and gave my two boys a sex change. Easy to fix with a phone call.

Here are my quotes from yesterday, silver member! No insurance or OBB!

Wonder 9/2 2A 9C $4165.86

Wonder 9/9 2A 9C $4207.36
Wonder 9/9 4A 9C $7196.72

Sorry I don't have a breakdown of fares or taxes yet?

If I go ahead and book one of my holds and later on decide to go for a higher category cabin am I right in thinking it will be at the same price as yesterday, regardless of when I change? Can I also move my cabin within the came category without it costing more? Thanks

Yes but do it asap. I had a cruise booked by phone and the agent had 3 birthdays wrong, and gave my two boys a sex change. Easy to fix with a phone call.

I agree you can do it. But you're fine waiting another day or two until the insanity settles a bit.

Thanks you guys. I was thinking Monday would be better for that call... but maybe if I ever get through to use my OBB placeholder, I can have them do that too... Been on hold 2.5hrs so far. Tried last night but had to give up after 3hrs and go to bed...

I know it's late, so I'm not sure how helpful this is at this point, but here's my info:

Silver

Wonder 5/20
7A 1A1K (so, 2A) $5614.86 [2614.50][2614.50][385.86 taxes/fees] no ins/trans/air/yes OBB (would have been $6195.86 if no OBB)
11A 2A $3815.86 [1715.50][1715.50][385.86 taxes/fees] no ins/trans/air/OBB
9A 2A $5145.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB
9B 2A $4585.86 no/ins/trans/air/OBB

Wonder 5/27
7A 2A $6615.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB
9A 2A $5425.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB
9B 2A $4865.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB
11A 2A $4095.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB

We booked the 5/20 7A and 11A, so no breakdown for the others, but it's pretty easy to do the math.
Update on 5/20 sailing: I asked my TA to drop us from Deck 7 to Deck 6 to save a little. 7A pricing stays the same. The inside room is an 11B on deck 6, so pricing is just a bit less:

11B 2A $3675.86 [1645][1645][385.86 taxes/fees] no ins/trans/air/OBB

Nooo... 3 hours on hold... it disconnected when they answered. They called back, bless them, but booked the wrong date and I didn't see until the confirmation email came after...

So glad I booked yesterday. I checked today and no rooms were left on the side that I booked. Can't believe one side of the ship is already booked. That is crazy!

8/24 Fantasy 7 day
4A 2A 1k $5701.95 in/trans/OBB

So glad I booked yesterday. I checked today and no rooms were left on the side that I booked. Can't believe one side of the ship is already booked. That is crazy!

8/24 Fantasy 7 day

I have a feeling this is more a computer glitch than one side of the ship being completely booked, especially on a 7 night Fantasy sailing.

I have a feeling this is more a computer glitch than one side of the ship being completely booked, especially on a 7 night Fantasy sailing.

Same for the cruise I am looking at. One side is completely booked in a certain category. Hopefully its a glitch and we can switch later but we are booking 5 rooms.

8/24 Fantasy 7 day

That is my thought too. I was checking a few different cruise dates for the Dream and port side rooms were the only thing showing on any of the cruises/room categories that I checked.

That is my thought too. I was checking a few different cruise dates for the Dream and port side rooms were the only thing showing on any of the cruises/room categories that I checked.
Same for Fantasy sailings. It seems they are trying to fill up the port side first. Only on decks/categories with minimal port availability did they show any starboard.

Actually, I think they are only showing 8 cabins or so (didn't count them),and showing the ones with the lowest cabin room numbers. Which means, if there are enough port side cabins to list the number they want to show, they won't show any starboard.

Same for the cruise I am looking at. One side is completely booked in a certain category. Hopefully its a glitch and we can switch later but we are booking 5 rooms.

The site will show you only eight rooms in each category, so that may be why you're not seeing much availability.

9/7 Fantasy 7 night
04A 1A2K $4,824.00 no OBB/trans/ins/air
04A 2A $3,865.04 no OBB/trans/ins/air

Fantasy Aug 24: Category 4d: 2a2k 7 and 7 No OBB/trans/ins/air
Adult 1 $2,135.00 Adult 2 $2,135.00 Child 1 $1,102.0 Child 2 $1,102.08 Taxes fee $422.08
Total 6896.24

Really happy about this. However, booking took forever something is wrong with the system prices for this category would fluctuate between the price I got and 10,000! Also could not get the dining I wanted or room but I guess the chances of that getting switched once the holds people put on the rooms I want get released. Boy I sure hope so I don't want to be in a room by the elevator!

wow, just playing around on the site the september fantasy sailings are cheap! Tempting to do the caribbean again instead of alaska. I am not a cold weather person anyways. DH would not be happy with me. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter