** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

did you book with an obb? What number did you ring from the U.K.? When I rang yesterday at 8am gmt they said I had to ring a different number at 12noon when the lines open

I didn't book on the phone, I did it online. I couldn't get through at all on Wednesday and refused to spend hundreds of pounds on hold as the calls aren't free from the UK. Everything was released as general sale on Thursday at 8am EST so there was no benefit for me to book on the phone. No OBB as I prefer to book, choose and manage my own booking and generally hate the service I've ever received from a TA.

I didn't book on the phone, I did it online. I couldn't get through at all on Wednesday and refused to spend hundreds of pounds on hold as the calls aren't free from the UK. Everything was released as general sale on Thursday at 8am EST so there was no benefit for me to book on the phone. No OBB as I prefer to book, choose and manage my own booking and generally hate the service I've ever received from a TA.
ive finally managed to book, but the saving with OBB wasn't much. There was only a marginal difference between the price I got with obb and the current price on dcl U.K. Website. At least I've got the stateroom credit I suppose:confused3

great picture!!! did you have any noise from the walkway to parrot cay above you?
yes, we have 2114 and 2116 assuming i put in the deposit..
i had her switch 2112 to 2116 (because of the reduced storage space in 2112)...
I am glad I saw your posts about this room, we booked 2110 and 2112. I saw a video of another room with this configuration and it looks really tight around the end of the bed. We are going to switch rooms. It is odd that very few of the 9B's have a pull down bunk.

Last edited:

well i did it...
just paid the deposits on three staterooms....my pockets are empty now....completely cleaned out...
wonder how i can make a bundle before march 2019....(final payment)....
lottery?

Didn’t have time to post yesterday but after having a miserable time Wednesday of never hearing anything but a busy tone called around 9am Uk time and was on hold around an hour before called got picked up and before online prices were visible.
Took all of 6 minutes once through to book though!!
Silver 26.8.19 7 night Alaskan
Cat 5C 2A1C (11) Disney Wonder £6732 no trans, ins or OBB
(2608 per adult 1011 child and 504 in fees) Think it’s just around the $9k mark with today’s rates

great picture!!! did you have any noise from the walkway to parrot cay above you?
yes, we have 2114 and 2116 assuming i put in the deposit..
i had her switch 2112 to 2116 (because of the reduced storage space in 2112)...

We spent 14 days in 2114 on the Wonder last April for the WBPC cruise. It worked great for our family of four. I too can have issues with motion sickness and have never had problems on deck 2. I have felt more vibration on the Fantasy on higher decks. It seems to be part of the motion of the ship, especially at higher speeds. We have stayed in rooms from 2110 to 2138. I definitely like to stay closer to the elevators now only because of the noise from the thrusters when docking. I hope you enjoy your cruise with your family and that your treatment goes well.

Well, I waited on hold for an hour to pay the deposit for our cruise with multiple gift cards, so I had to call.

No problems, except one:

After listening to Disney music on my speaker phone for so long, I miss it!

Do you think I can call DCL back and sit on hold with my speaker phone, and then just hang up when they finally pick up?

D Park Radio!!!

We spent 14 days in 2114 on the Wonder last April for the WBPC cruise. It worked great for our family of four. I too can have issues with motion sickness and have never had problems on deck 2. I have felt more vibration on the Fantasy on higher decks. It seems to be part of the motion of the ship, especially at higher speeds. We have stayed in rooms from 2110 to 2138. I definitely like to stay closer to the elevators now only because of the noise from the thrusters when docking. I hope you enjoy your cruise with your family and that your treatment goes well.

Usually the lower you are and the more mid-ship you are, the less motion you'll feel. Unless it's really rocking and rolling then you're just out of luck anywhere on the ship.

thank you! well by the time this cruise rolls around, i should be finished and on the other side...chemo, surgery, radiation...so i should say whatever it costs it will be worth it to all be together..

now i'm dealing with disneyland paris....trying to book a 4 night visit following the cruise...always good to have a project to work on..
just watched a zillion videos of the different hotels there...think i know which one etc..

thank you! well by the time this cruise rolls around, i should be finished and on the other side...chemo, surgery, radiation...so i should say whatever it costs it will be worth it to all be together..

now i'm dealing with disneyland paris....trying to book a 4 night visit following the cruise...always good to have a project to work on..
just watched a zillion videos of the different hotels there...think i know which one etc..

We have only done two quick day trips to DLP by taking the train out from Paris. Four days sounds like so much fun! I was pleasantly surprised on our first visit to DLP and found the park to have such a great "feel". Not anything specific, but I find it very pretty. Happy planning!

I ended up booking. I waited until I saw the prices before I booked. I felt bad for my TA. I had her switching things around and I hear the phones were still crazy yesterday.

We have only done two quick day trips to DLP by taking the train out from Paris. Four days sounds like so much fun! I was pleasantly surprised on our first visit to DLP and found the park to have such a great "feel". Not anything specific, but I find it very pretty. Happy planning!

18 years ago we did a day trip from paris..
the kids were teens then and we took them to paris for 10 days...
one of those days was at DLP (when it was only one park)..
it was just ok back then....and the line jumping/line pushing was a bit much for us...
but i've heard it's improved..
and since we'll be nearby we may as well make a few days of it..

if i book now i get 4 days for the price of 2 and all the kidlets get their tickets for free (up to age 7)...
so that's good...
the only downside - there is a 15% cancellation fee....pretty steep..

but it might be worth it to lock in those dates for the particular rooms i'm looking at...

it was just ok back then....and the line jumping/line pushing was a bit much for us...

if i book now i get 4 days for the price of 2 and all the kidlets get their tickets for free (up to age 7)...
so that's good...

but it might be worth it to lock in those dates for the particular rooms i'm looking at...
Are you able to book online? I was looking to price hotels for just one night and I finally gave up looking....

so that's good...

That's an amazing deal! You don't get anything like that for DL or WDW. I would definitely take advantage.

Are you able to book online? I was looking to price hotels for just one night and I finally gave up looking....

i was able to book online, but i needed to book 3 rooms - which you can't do online..
so there's a chat function on the side of the page - i clicked on that and asked them to call me because my phone kept dropping the number (in france)
so the chat person asked for my phone number and about 5 seconds later the phone rang and it was the automated system saying i was waiting for a rep..
after another 20 seconds or so, a rep came on a booked everything for me..
i just had to make sure they priced it all in USDollars (she started out in euros, which isn't good for me, so she switched right away to USD)
it was all easy....took a long time as she had to get everything down - but she was really good, french accent and all...

That's an amazing deal! You don't get anything like that for DL or WDW. I would definitely take advantage.

yes a really good deal....i can see by the price of the hotel room, that the three kids are completely free....free tickets, free breakfast (i took club level rooms)..

the package is 4 nights for the price of 2....and the kids are free...well the infant is always free...but the 3 and 5 year old get the 5 day ticket for free...

and i booked a 6 person club level room for them....that's why i took club level...that's the only way to get the 6 person family room...

so we're all booked into club level...but that actually works out well....free breakfast, free tea in the afternoon, plus 1 FP per person per day....i guess that's a nice perk too..

so we have 4 nights and 5 days right after the cruise...

and then we'll just fly home from paris....

hopefully the ship gets into dover in time to grab the eurostar from ashford station...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter