• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opening Shows? Family of the Day?

billyandjj

Mouseketeer
Do either of the parks in California have an opening show in the morning like the parks do in Orlando?

What about the Family of the Day? If yes, any hints on how to get picked?

We didnt get anything called family of the day but last August my husband and I took our 3 grand kids to Disneyland. We was first at the gate in California adventure waiting for it to open. I think we arrived a half hour early and we was originally 2nd in line but they moved a cast member to a gate next to us so I asked are you going to open too? When he said yes we moved to that gate. We didnt do anything more except talk together. The kids are 4, 9 and 11. My husband is also in a power wheel chair. Anyway next thing we knew a lady came over and asked how would we like to open the park. We said sure. They let us in early and scanned our tickets. Then they told us what to say. Something like let the adventure begin. Oh somewhere in there they wrote down our name and address but we never heard from them. We was given a fast pass to use anywhere, so we chose to use it on toy story since all 5 of us could ride that one and the line is so long there. (Radiator springs we was almost first in line so we didnt need it there and the 4 year old woulnt ride that so I decided the fast pass was for everyone including her)

I love the show that opend WDW. I never seen anything like that in California.

Do either of the parks in California have an opening show in the morning like the parks do in Orlando?

What about the Family of the Day? If yes, any hints on how to get picked?

No shows like WDW. Yes Family of the Day at DL. Have not seen Family of the Day at DCA.

:wizard:

We were Family of the Day at Disneyland. We were about 3rd in line, but lucky for us, the 2 families in front of us had already experienced it.

Our experience was the same as Barbday62, but we didn't get a Fastpass.

It made our day. We were so excited!

I don't know about family of the day but on our last trip while we were waiting for rope drop a CM came up to our family and asked if we had ever taken a picture in front of the castle without anyone else around... He led us past the rope and to the castle and took a family photo. It was some awesome Disney Magic pixiedust:and we sure felt special! Too bad my (at the time 9 month old) son didn't appreciate it as much as the rest of us. hahaha
33xhb9d.jpg

I have been saying this for years now! I've always said that DLR needs to adapt the "opening ceremony moment" shows that WDW has been doing for many years. It adds to the magic and gets everyone amped and excited as the music plays and everyone walk-dashes into the park to begin their day of fun. I get they may not have a lot of holding/viewing areas at the turnstiles in DLR compared to WDW, but I am sure it would work out just fine regardless.

They could easily have the Disneyland Railroad with the characters and the family of the day come riding into the Main Street Station with the Main Street, U.S.A. style performers dancing and singing as they do at WDW's Magic Kingdom. Heck, maybe even get the Dapper Dans out on the platform. I don't know... I'm sure they could cook up something brilliant!

As for DCA, I am sure they could do a similar Hollywood-ish opening moment like they have done at Disney's Hollywood Studios in WDW. Maybe make it a shortend/revised version of the Red Car News Boys show in front of the Carthay Circle Theater? I'm sure they could play around with the 1920's California theme and make a great little show for the guests.

Ya know... it's just an extra something for the guests who have woken up early and have waited earlier than others to get into the parks. Kind of like a, "Thanks for waking up early on vacation, let's celebrate!" opener to your day. :woohoo:

Disney really needs to get behind this one! ::yes::

Back in 2011 they had a Magic Morning (or something) in Toontown and we enjoyed the ceremony there as a way to start of DL visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter