• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opening Two Staterooms with one Magic Band+?

Warblade

Earning My Ears
We're sailing on the Disney Magic in April in a few months, and I had a question on if the Disney Magic Band+ can be used to open more than one stateroom? My in-laws are staying next door to us (in a connecting room) with my youngest child. I've read that you can get an extra stateroom key from guest services, and that the KTTW cards can only be assigned to one stateroom door, but wonder if Magic Band+ can be used for more than one room.

I doubt it. I haven’t sailed with MagicBands yet but you were never able to open 2 staterooms from the same keycard.

I wouldn't think that would be possible, but could both parties leave the connecting doors unlocked and then both sets of people could pass between the two rooms? Just a thought. I'd just give a heads up to your room attendant so that he/she doesn't inadvertently lock them.

I wouldn't think that would be possible, but could both parties leave the connecting doors unlocked and then both sets of people could pass between the two rooms? Just a thought. I'd just give a heads up to your room attendant so that he/she doesn't inadvertently lock them.
Just beware that the room attendants often close those doors, so don't rely on this as your only method of accessing the room.

It’s probably not preferred but just have your magic bands assigned to your in laws then just use them to get into that room. You can still use your KTTW card for your room. I get it’s not perfect since your magic band wouldn’t work for your room.

Simplest answer: just get an extra KTTW card for grands + kids‘ room (one for your room, too, if they need access). Guest Services can issue you a non-labeled card (Well, issue it to room occupants).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter