Opinion of Le Cellier

redwingsmickey

Mouseketeer
We are going to try Le Cellier for the first time this upcoming trip. The whole family loves steak (Me, DW, DS8, and DD4) and I heard Le Cellier has good steak. Can anyone who's been there before tell me about both the food and atmosphere?

Thanks!

We did it a couple of years ago as part of the CP dinner & seatings. I had a steak that was yummy, & cooked the way I ordered it - Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. They had a typical kid's menu. My creme brulee for dessert was awesome.

Atmosphere is kinda wine cellar/Canadian themed. Nothing super spectacular, but it was nice.

Service was good.

You should enjoy it!

iluvtig

I have pretty much the same review - it was a fabulous meal. I think we all had the cheese soup and then a steak with mushrooms (and risotto I think) and it was the best meal we had. the atmosphere didn't wow us and it was crowded and busy - but we will definatley return!

I ate there last time I went to DW, and I'm going agin this time. The pre-meal bread is awesome. The pretzel bread is a great warm-up. I didn't get the cheese soup because I didn't want to fill up, but most people rave about it.

I got the 7oz fillet. It was cooked to perfection. Tender, aged beef. These are the cuts you can't get in a grocery store. The cream cheese mashed potatoes were sinfully good. I got the Mushrooms as a side, but I didn't really need them. The food really filled me up without making feel like I swallowed a cow.

I opted for the La Fin Du Monde beer. It was one of the best beers I've had. Very high in alcohol, but very smooth. It's a bottle conditioned beer like Chimay.

Now I want to drink some beer and eat some steak, but I'm stuck at work.

The same reason we love LeCellier we are going there next month , and every trip we make we have to go atleast once. The cheese soup is great!
Kim:earsgirl: :earsboy:
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We didn't have the same experience as above. I had read all the wonderful reviews on this board and also it had been recommended by the IPO planner so I was really looking forward to this. The bread was OK. The pretzel bread tastes like, well, a pretzel, which would be OK if I wanted a snack but not with dinner. I had a surf and turf that was a "special" offering that night (it was July 4th) and usually not on the menu. I had asked for the filet to be cooked medium to medium rare and it was so well done that it was dry. I substituted the cream cheese mashed potatoes for roasted potatoes because I had heard so much about them and they were cold. I also tried the cheddar cheese soup and thought it didn't have much taste to it. The rest of my family were not very impressed with their meals either that ranged from tuna to salmon to another kind of steak. I hope it was just a bad night but this was definitely not a very good meal. We had just had a wonderful meal the night before at Yachtsman Steakhouse and everyone had loved their meals! Maybe all the restaurants have "off" nights or maybe it's just that everyone has different tastes but we were not impressed with Le Cellier at all. Our best meals on our last trip were Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossee's, 'Ohana and Liberty Tree Tavern.

Add another whole-hearted vote for LeCellier. Everyone in our party loved it.
Atmosphere was pretty cool....like the basement of a castle. ("LeCellier" means "the cellar.")
For months before our trip, I planned on getting the filet mignon that I saw on their menu... http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm ...
But for some reason, when I sat down to order, the pork chop sounded too good to pass up! It was terrific....with a great sweet potato dish.
My wife and son got the filet...and I tried some...it was very good.
Easily one of our top 5 restaurants in all of Disney.
Have fun!

It seems to me that everything on the menu there has some kind of cheese built into it, so keep that in mind for any cheese haters you might have in your family.

We've only eaten there twice. The first time, in July 03, our food was marvelous and we thought we'd make it one of our "regular" places. So, we ate there again in June 04 and were not near as impressed. I don't know if we had set our expectations too high or what - but we'll probably skip it next time.

YUMMY! We especially enjoyed the cheese soup, the different breads and the creme brulee. The steaks were great too. We really want to go back, but this trip with 4 year old grandson we don't think we will try to keep him happy long enough to visit...next time for sure!

On August 7th, we made our third trip to Le Cellier. DH loves the steaks. We ate there at Christmas after CP and everyone loved their food (waitress was off -- kept forgetting to bring my brother his food!). I like the cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread, and multigrain bread and steak sandwich and mussels, and creme brulee and ... DH adds "best steaks at Epcot."

Our food was excellent, but the service was not very good. Atmosphere is just O.K. but I would try it again.

This is the only restaurant that my DH puts on his must do list each trip. Last trip, I tried the chef's excursion which was an appetizer of salmon cakes--musch better than they sound--they were wonderful; the entree was a NY strip that was perfect; dessert was a sampler: 3 types including creme brulee. Terrific food for about $35.

We have eaten both lunch and dinner there and had great experiences with both. It will be our dinner of choice with the CP dinner package in December, as well.

We had Easter dinner here and loved it! The atmosphere was great, our server Mike was wonderful as a server and wonderful with DD who was 2 1/2 at the time! It was no problem for us to eat here with her! We reccommend it very highly!

Happy to read all these great reviews! We are trying this restaurant for the first time in Sept - we can't wait! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter