Opinion poll: Allow DIS users to delete their DIS accounts?

Should users be given the choice to delete their own accounts on DIS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidbase

Mouseketeer
There seems to be no feature in my account that would let me delete it if I chose. If everyone else has noticed this, do you believe this option should be granted for every user?

I say no, simply there might be some information that a user put out that is helpful to someone months or even years down the road (some people DO actually search).

Considering you can go back and edit your posts (to delete them) and it's your choice whether to visit here or not, why should a user need an option to delete?

If you really want your account deleted, start breaking the rules and do it consistently. Your account will be deleted in moments.

The ability to delete your account would just be an added button. you can either make a new account and start over or go back and delete any info you wish to not be there anymore. I dont see a huge point of it.

I'd like a feature to allow a name change or at least a nickname. I picked mine under pressure once I realized I couldn't remember the password to the account I had made 10 years before and no longer had access to that email.
Now this is legit. ::yes:: I might change my avatar once in a while too, if I could remember how.

You can probably contact a site mod and ask them if they can delete your account. Depends how the site is programmed regarding whether or not older posts would also disappear or just show 'user deleted'. I know when someone creates an account just to post spam or ads, there appears to be a way the site is able to remove them. Other sites I am familiar with let mods do this so a user doesn't delete themselves in error.

Last edited:
There seems to be no feature in my account that would let me delete it if I chose. If everyone else has noticed this, do you believe this option should be granted for every user?
If you don't want to participate here any longer, just don't. Not sure what you'll gain by deleting your account.

Now this is legit. ::yes:: I might change my avatar once in a while too, if I could remember how.
To change your avatar: click on your username in the upper right. Click on "Account Details". The second thing on the next page is "Avatar". Click on the image to change it. Be sure to click "Save" button at bottom of page when done.

Just asking what your opinion is because other platforms like Facebook let their users delete their own accounts.
you can completely delete a facebook? I don't remember that option, after I got divorced I deactivated my FB but I don't remember it allowing me to delete.

Are there GDPR reasons users should be able to delete their accounts? I guess we just need one European to complain and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter