• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions on Coronado Springs

I'm going to settle on CSR. And hope more buildings are refurbed by March 2018.

As of now, the two buildings I'm leaning towards requesting with a standard room are Cabanas 8A (for the refurb and location) and 9A for the location (to El Centro and smoking area).

I'm sure I'll post again as the date draws closer.

Last edited:
Congrats, you will enjoy yourself. We have enjoyed all our trips there, for us we still prefer the PO resorts just slightly better than CSR, mainly because they are a bit more kid friendly and we love the boat option to DS. CSR is a great themed resort and take some time to walk around it, especially at night.

I'm going to settle on CSR. And hope more buildings are refurbed by March 2018.

As of now, the two buildings I'm leaning towards requesting with a standard room are Cabanas 8A (for the refurb and location) and 9A for the location (to El Centro and smoking area).

I'm sure I'll post again as the date draws closer.

We were in Casitas 5 (I think-it's been a couple of years) and really liked the section. We had a standard room and faced the parking lot. It was one of the quieter rooms we've ever had at any of the resorts! We were near the bus stop and since it was the first stop we always had a seat. It was a quick walk to El Centro but a slightly longer walk to the main pool. Each section is really landscaped nicely so it is a great resort to just walk around. Each section really does have something nice to offer. DS liked to call his GF and walk around the resort at night.

Since it is your BF's first trip I would make a quick suggestion to not overdo the parks. We are commando park people usually, but I didn't want to overwhelm DD's BF. We took more resort time (this is where CSR is so nice since you can enjoy any one of the pools, the lounge, restaurants and of course the pool bar) and that made her BF feel like he could absorb the whole thing in smaller bites. Of course next time we'll be back to normal!

Since it is your BF's first trip I would make a quick suggestion to not overdo the parks. We are commando park people usually, but I didn't want to overwhelm DD's BF. We took more resort time (this is where CSR is so nice since you can enjoy any one of the pools, the lounge, restaurants and of course the pool bar) and that made her BF feel like he could absorb the whole thing in smaller bites. Of course next time we'll be back to normal!

I've been trying to keep this in mind, but it's difficult for me to leave the park -- especially on Epcot or Magic Kingdom days. Do you think leaving the park at 2 and being physically back there by 4-4:15 is enough of a break?

I've been trying to keep this in mind, but it's difficult for me to leave the park -- especially on Epcot or Magic Kingdom days. Do you think leaving the park at 2 and being physically back there by 4-4:15 is enough of a break?
If that works for you, great; but I find that leaving for such a short time is more trouble than it's worth. My family prefers to rope drop and enjoy the parks until after dinner/early evening, then we come back and lounge. Swimming at the Dig Site at night is now one of our favorite things to do! Then you can watch the fireworks over the lake.

I'm no expert, but here is my 2 cents worth from my recent experience...DD's BF is not someone who grew up feeling that he missed anything by not having been to Disney (sacrilege, I know!). That said, he was excited to go as well as anxious because he's not a huge ride fan. This is what we did:

Arrival Day-got to resort @ 6pm, ate at QS @ resort, wander resort (new resort for us) DS for 2 hrs, back to resort. DD BF good with this.
Day 1-rope drop MK, rode all mountains except Splash plus about 10 other rides. Ate at CHH, wandered a bit, left for the day around 3. Dinner at DS, walk around then back to resort. DD BF slightly overwhelmed with everything but dinner was a good rest and change.
Day 2-9:30 start at EP. Rode Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Nemo, check out aquarium. Start drinking around the world. Get QS lunch, spend about 2 hrs in Tutto Gusto wine cellar and avoid afternoon shower. Finish DATW (we didn't get something at every country-skipped around). Dinner at Chef's. Wander some more. Back at resort around 9. This was his favorite day. It was more of a ramble and relaxing and that worked for him. EP is his favorite park.
Day 3-9:30 start again. DD & BF went to HS before us. No FP since were using them at AK later in the day. We all waited in line for TSMM but didn't ride anything else. In all fairness it rained all day that day so wasn't as fun as it could have been. Left HS for AK. Got him to ride EE. He didn't hate it but wasn't his favorite ride. Did Bug's Life and Safari, checked out the trails. Ate at Satu'li Canteen. His favorite QS. Did Navi River then AFoP. AFoP was his favorite ride. Ate at Flametree, watched tree projections and left around 10pm. AK is his second favorite park. He left the next day.

So the point of this long winded ramble is...we took time for breaks, mostly within the parks and made a point to sit down and eat for another break. We didn't commando visit like we usually do and spent 6-8 hours in the parks each day. I planned rides I thought he would enjoy and only challenged his reluctance on a few rides. We tried to find things that appealed to him and left off some off the things that we knew he wouldn't enjoy. At the end of the trip he had a great time and wants to go back again-sooner rather than later, so I feel like we struck the right balance for his first time. You know your BF so maybe more than 2 hours of a break would be better (or worse). Maybe some time in a lounge afternoon/evening is enough, or a full afternoon at the pool. Play it by ear! Good luck and enjoy CSR and the parks!

I love all these thoughts and experiences. All the people saying Coronardo is your favourite is really making me feel like I made the right decision for our honeymoon.

I think it's a good call. I stayed at Coronado with my then-boyfriend, and I think it was better than he expected. He talked about how much he liked the pool & the breakfast at the food court. The value resorts definitely appeal to kids more. I also think Port Orleans is even better than Coronado, and I would stay there over Coronado if I could! If Coronado is significantly cheaper, I'd stay with Coronado, especially if cost is your main concern. If they're about the same price, go for Port Orleans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter