Opinions on mopping systems (a la swiffer?)

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
Does anybody have any of them? Are they any good? Any brand better than others?

I have one. I like it a lot and so does my cleaning lady. I don't think there is too much difference in them. I have the Clorox one where you attach the bottle of cleaner to the mop handle.

I have the Chlorox one too and like it. Even though I am constantly seeing Swiffer Wet Jet commercials that tell me how inferior the one I bought is.

I have the Swiffer Wet Jet. I like it, works pretty well.

I have the pledge grab it the one that shoots out foam. I like it a lot. I have tile in the kitchen and the foam seems to get into the cracks better. I also have the swifer and bought the wet clothes. I don't like it at all. The dry mop part works great but the clothes aren't wet enough.

My daughter works at a store and said that people kept returning the swiffer and buying the clorox. I bought the clorox based on that and have been happy with it.

thanks! I may just have to go out shopping this weekend...so sick of my regular mop!

Bought a grab go mop on Saturday all excited to use it and the handle broke the first time I used it. I was "scrubbing" a stain on the floor and the handle (where you snap it together) broke.

I use to have the Clorox one, but after using my mom's Swiffer WetJet, I had to buy one for myself. It is so much better! The pads for the Swiffer absorb so much more, and it sprays the cleaning solution better. My house has not one stitch of carpet in it except for a rug in the living room, so I was going through the Clorox pads like crazy. With the Swiffer, I can do my whole house with half the number of pads that I used with the Clorox mop.

I've used the Swiffer with the wet pads and found that they left a sticky film on my floors.

So I have a question, with these new Clorox and Swiffer spray mops, how does the floor feel after you've cleaned them?

I have the Swiffer Wet Jet and I love it. The floor doesn't feel sticky after it dries. I use the Pledge dry mop for sweeping and it does a good job of getting up the dog hair.

You got the sticky residue on the floor because you kept using the pad after it got saturated with dirt and dissolved gunk and then all that gunk got smeared on the floor further on.

Whatever detergent the pad smears on the floor has to be soaked up and removed before it dries. This may require more than one rinsing using pads or mops or sponges that are wrung out often.

Even old fashined string mops need to be wrung out often. Navy ships are (used to be?) so clean because the sailors mop them so often that not much dirt has a chance to accumjlate.

More cleaning hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/clean.htm

I bought it in Dec, and am just now changing the Liquid Dispenser! Had to buy 3 dispensers, cause I had trouble finding them at my store.....had to go to Target! :rolleyes: The liquid lasts a long time for me.;)

Wow this thread sure came in the nick of time! Thanks!
Our Pergo flooring is being installed next week, a little over 1000 sq ft.. We are doing almost then entire first floor. No more Carpet or tile! I am hoping that "swiffering" will be enough to keep the floor clean. We do have 2 scotties, 2 teenagers along with dh and myself.
May I ask how often you "swiffer"? or Dry mop? please explain these choices too.

Thank you for all the information!

We got a swiffer wet jet when we got a puppy. Great investment with puppy potty training. I also decided it was fantastic for all our mopping, but it is rather expensive! Here at Target, the bottle of fluid costs $3.84 and covers just close to 1100 sq. feet, so mopping our downstairs tile takes one bottle. If only I can figure out how to refill the thing!!!!!

I'm wanting to bite the bullet and buy the Hoover Floor Mate. I hate mopping floors more than anything. And we too are replacing carpet, room by room with laminated flooring.
I keep looking at the other floor cleaning systems and wonder what <$20 buys.
We have dogs that seem to manage to track in mud and dirt even when you don't think there is mud and dirt available to track in!
I have the Swifter and am constantly changing the pad. If it gets even a little dirty, I switch it. I still see a cleaning residue.
How does the Wet Jet work on the bottom? Do you have to switch a pad a lot?

The swiffer pad is thick and absorbant. I can use one pad for the entire downstairs mopping which includes a kitchen, family room, entry way, hallway and a bathroom. The pads are not that expensive, you can get 12 in a box and they last quite a long time.

I bought the Clorox one and I hate it; you are welcome to have it. I just pulled it out of the closet to throw away.

I also had the swiffer dry thing - hated that - tried the pledge one - hated that.

They just don't seem to work well for me. Even after I use them, I end up getting on my hands and knees with a sponge and a bucket.

I like my plain old string mop with the handle wringer.

I'm wanting to bite the bullet and buy the Hoover Floor Mate.

Amen to that. I am going to get me one of these.

The swiffer pad is thick and absorbant.
:jester: Sorry -- this made me chuckle. Sounds like a different kind of product. ;) :eek:
Obsorbency I don't have a problem with. Guess our dogs just track in a lot of dirt and I feel like I am just moving the dirt around with one of those Swiffer pads if I don't keep changing it.
Anyone who uses a Wet Jet -- is the bottom just one of those pads, like a Swiffer?

Originally posted by Luv2Roam
:jester: Sorry -- this made me chuckle. Sounds like a different kind of product. ;) :eek:
Obsorbency I don't have a problem with. Guess our dogs just track in a lot of dirt and I feel like I am just moving the dirt around with one of those Swiffer pads if I don't keep changing it.
Anyone who uses a Wet Jet -- is the bottom just one of those pads, like a Swiffer?

The Swiffer is called a Wet Jet. Maybe we are thinking of different products? The pad on a swiffer wet jet is like a diaper somewhat but thinner and it does absorb the cleaning solution and it does get quite dirty with regular mopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter