Opinions...worth it to bring alcohol??

I drink Bota Box (a slightly upscale wine out of a box). Could I bring this to the dining room the first night and pay the corkage fee and have them keep it for me for each night?

That will work! We always keep one in our carry on when we travel so we are never without. Love to make winery stops on our roadtrips! :cool1:

But, I have to ask -- what is the Owner's Locker? Thanks!

Oh, Owner's locker it's where we keep all our Disney stuff year round. It's very convenient and it's always waiting for us at our resort when we check-in.

www.ownerslocker.com

I drink Bota Box (a slightly upscale wine out of a box). Could I bring this to the dining room the first night and pay the corkage fee and have them keep it for me for each night?

We also drink Bota! Regarding your questions, I really doubt it, though this was something I mused in jest once. No reason not to ask, I suppose. Gthe worst they can say is no.

We brought on a Bota box and one bottle of rum. We would take a glass of wine walking each night to the bars. No biggie. I would usually buy at least another glass during the evening from the bar. Hubby would get a Mai Tai or rum n' Coke (or a few, depending on how late the night and/or how bad the karaoke), then on the way back to the room he sometimes filled his glass from the bar with Coke and mixed a nightcap while I had a half-glass of wine before bed. We killed the rum but not the box. Was well worth bringing it on.

GBChicinMaine said:
Because we're flying and there are 6 drinking adults (out of a group of 8), would it be possible to ship our wine bottles to the ship? We were going to split 2 wine packages between the 3 couples, but like the idea of taking our own and simply paying the corkage fee. Also, I'm assuming the corkage fee is per bottle, per night, correct? If we have any leftover, there isn't an additional fee to bring out an already opened bottle of wine...is there???

In the past, we've never brought alcohol with us - we've simply purchased local spirits in the ports of call. We have, however, done our best to abide by Disney's alcohol policy for the very reason a few of the PP's mentioned. The Disney alcohol policy is VERY generous and I, personally, do not want to do anything to jeopardize that generosity. Anything that we bring with us, or purchase, will be consumed in our rooms/verandah as we get ready, nightcaps, etc. or we will pay the proper corkage fee to enjoy it in the dining room.

There are many grocery services that will deliver wine and beer to the resorts. I couldn't figure out with a. $20 corkage fee how bringing my own wine to dinner would be worth the effort. But I did enjoy having beer, wine and vodka in my room.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter