Opt out of Housekeeping at Resorts

Just know that the CDC media update I heard yesterday expressively asked how long it could live on surfaces and they said hours at most.
Having the room not serviced doesn't mean they clean it less.
Rooms are cleaned between guests. If you don't think they clean it well enough you are welcome to clean it more yourself.

I'm not going to pretend to be an internet MD but it can live on hard surfaces for days - that's straight up from the CDC -

Current evidence suggests that novel coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.

How thorough are rooms going to be cleaned between stays where room service has been declined? I'm sure everyone is aware of how quickly things like norovirus can be spread.

This is actually the first time I am turning down housekeeping services. I will be bringing my own disinfecting wipes though. Better safe than sorry!

This is actually the first time I am turning down housekeeping services. I will be bringing my own disinfecting wipes though. Better safe than sorry!

I actually already do, people can be filthy - I always wipe door handles, tv remote etc. but seeing how quickly this is now spreading it is a concern.

And experts, real MDs not Internet MDs have said it can't live on surfaces more than a few minutes.
This is incorrect.
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses
It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses. Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. This may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment).

If you think a surface may be infected, clean it with simple disinfectant to kill the virus and protect yourself and others. Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter