• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Options @ 7 months out

softballmom3

DIS Veteran
Ok, you all, I had a previous thread awhile back about switching @ 7 months out. We are going in October and I seriously thought I wouldn't have much if any choices (since it's Food & Wine), but.....I had the following options for this week and I thought it was crazy to have this much but so very happy.

Boardwalk- Deluxe Studio or 2 bedroom for 6 nights, AKV Jambo and Kidani 2bedroom and studios, BC 2 bedroom for 5 of 6 nights I needed and a slew of others! So, if you were like me, don't give up! I had switched to Boardwalk but crazily the family didn't want it so Jambo here we come!

Goes to show, you....you never know!

Ok, you all, I had a previous thread awhile back about switching @ 7 months out. We are going in October and I seriously thought I wouldn't have much if any choices (since it's Food & Wine), but.....I had the following options for this week and I thought it was crazy to have this much but so very happy.

Boardwalk- Deluxe Studio or 2 bedroom for 6 nights, AKV Jambo and Kidani 2bedroom and studios, BC 2 bedroom for 5 of 6 nights I needed and a slew of others! So, if you were like me, don't give up! I had switched to Boardwalk but crazily the family didn't want it so Jambo here we come!

Hi.
When did you see the BW for six nights. Ive been looking since last week. I did see six nights today but that was starting tomorrow, October 10 so cant be booked before 7 months.

Congrats!

This is why it can be fun to play DVC roulette! Book your home resort to secure something then play the game at 7 months. You really never can tell what will be open.

You never know! The 7 month window opened for my F&W trip and both sides of AKV and Old Key West already had no studios, lol. Fall is a harsh mistress.

True! I had one night I wasn't able to get and thought I would book SSR for one night and waitlist....BINGO....5 minutes ago just picked up our last night. Fall is harsh but I am sooo glad it wasn't for us this time!!!

Good luck on getting what you want!

Hi.
When did you see the BW for six nights. Ive been looking since last week. I did see six nights today but that was starting tomorrow, October 10 so cant be booked before 7 months.

Congrats!

This morning. It was full availability for Oct 9-15. Of course it's not now. Around 6 a.m. Eastern time.

This morning. It was full availability for Oct 9-15. Of course it's not now. Around 6 a.m. Eastern time.
But I thought Oct 9 couldnt be booked until 8 am today is that correct? Just trying to figure it all out. Thanks so much! Six nights is back again, starting tomorrow for October 10 but Im guessing October 10 will be gone before 8 am.

Thanks.

You're welcome and you're right. It was still available at 8 am too. I switched to it and then family said they didn't want it they wanted Jambo so I cancelled it. It was there for a little bit and then just random days during that time.

I hope you're able to get it, if that's what you're going for!!!

You're welcome and you're right. It was still available at 8 am too. I switched to it and then family said they didn't want it they wanted Jambo so I cancelled it. It was there for a little bit and then just random days during that time.

I hope you're able to get it, if that's what you're going for!!!

Thank you. This morning I was able to get October 10-16 in the BW studio GV to add to my October 5-9 one bedroom standard view at GFVs.
Just need to stalk October 9 and also pit in a WL and I am done! Think that is pretty good for seven months middle of October.

Thank you. This morning I was able to get October 10-16 in the BW studio GV to add to my October 5-9 one bedroom standard view at GFVs.
Just need to stalk October 9 and also pit in a WL and I am done! Think that is pretty good for seven months middle of October.

Just wanted to come back and say WL for the win for me this time.

I was continually stalking October 9 for a studio at BWVs to add to my October 10-16 ressie.

I saw it come and go a few times yesterday but when I went to book, it was showing "0" points and figured someone
grabbed it before I did. I decided to call this morning just to see by chance if my WL picked it up and it did and was sitting there.

So happy! This is the first time in A VERY LONG TIME that I have not had to continually stalk until right up to a week or two prior to get exactly what we wanted. It did take my pulling over on the shoulder of the Garden State Parkway on the way to babysit my grandson during morning rush hour (PLEASE don't tell my husband he would kill me) but I made it happen (I set my alarm for 7:55 am) and started looking for a good place to pull over.

First time in forever we are doing a split stay but wanted it this way since two different vacations:

October 5-9, one bedroom at GFV, standard view. My mom, my dd and my grandson visit. My grandson's first Disney visit and my dd wanted it to be at the GFVs LOL, I agree. Four generation trip.

October 9-16, my mom, sister and I. BWVs P/G studio. We can walk to/from Epcot/MGM. We have APs and love to be able to go to Epcot, get a drink or flights and sit in the early afternoons and people watch and hang out.

Staying in the studio for a week will save me enough points to book January/February 7-8 nights (September UY).

Perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter