Options for loss of DME

shrinkydinky

Disney Dreamer
I’ve read they are ending DME January 2022. ☹️ We’re planning a trip for April 2022. What are the options I can look into to get a party of 8 from the airport to the Boardwalk Villas? I have no ideas what might be available other than cabs or Uber. We probably need a large van-type thing for us and all our luggage. Thanks!

Have you considered renting a large van-type thing?

There's sunstatelimo.com
There's happylimo.com
There's ultimatetowncar.com

In January of this year Mears - who operates DME - has confirmed they will still offer transportation from MCO to The World. No details yet, but I think it's safe to assume there will be a charge.

Have you considered renting a large van-type thing?

There's sunstatelimo.com
There's happylimo.com
There's ultimatetowncar.com

In January of this year Mears - who operates DME - has confirmed they will still offer transportation from MCO to The World. No details yet, but I think it's safe to assume there will be a charge.

Thank you for the links. Interesting about Mears. Perhaps they’ll operate similar to the current set-up with a charge per person. That would be fine. They’ll probably be a lot more information next year. I just like to be prepared. 😊

I’ve read they are ending DME January 2022. ☹ We’re planning a trip for April 2022. What are the options I can look into to get a party of 8 from the airport to the Boardwalk Villas? I have no ideas what might be available other than cabs or Uber. We probably need a large van-type thing for us and all our luggage. Thanks!
My DW and I decided to book FL Tours (who I understand sponsors the DIS Boards) for our June trip. We did it for several reasons. First, it sounds quicker and DME sounds like it is hit or miss with waiting to board the coach. Second, we can stop a grocery if we want. Third, I've read good reviews.

I called the business and I have been impressed thus far with the customer service of FL Tours. Of course, the proof will really be in the pudding (i.e. the transport to and from WDW). I could be wrong but it appears that FL Tours has large van options that could accommodate a party of 8. Don't take that as a guarantee though.

Thank you for the links. Interesting about Mears. Perhaps they’ll operate similar to the current set-up with a charge per person. That would be fine. They’ll probably be a lot more information next year. I just like to be prepared. 😊
Mears operated for-fee transportation to the Disney resorts for many years prior to the introduction of Magical Express, and they have been the subcontracted operator of the DME buses, so they certainly know how to do this. Keep in mind that Mears has continued to operate shuttle service between MCO and many non-Disney resorts (including those by Universal and other Orlando-area destinations). I imagine they will want to continue some form of Disney resort airport transfers, and should have a pretty good idea of where they have to price it to make it work.

Mears will need to announce pricing before the end of the year since the loss of DME is in full effect on 1/1/2022. My guess will be Sept/Oct for pricing details to be announced. Frankly, all of the options stink right now for "larger groups" and DME, even though its pricing was "baked-in" to the resort costs, was really nice to get any size group around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter