Orange County Fl lifts all Corona viruses restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of masks and social distancing. I see it in my area too. People don’t want to let go.

People who aren't vaccinated aren't supposed to let go. Up north I'm sure it's different but I'm in Georgia and in my area that's 76% of the population who should still be masking and social distancing, the rules have only been relaxed for vaccinated folks. And since kids under 12 can't be vaccinated yet, feels like it would be hard at Disney to make kids wear masks but not their parents, and dropping it entirely is pretty unsafe for those kids.

People who aren't vaccinated aren't supposed to let go. Up north I'm sure it's different but I'm in Georgia and in my area that's 76% of the population who should still be masking and social distancing, the rules have only been relaxed for vaccinated folks. And since kids under 12 can't be vaccinated yet, feels like it would be hard at Disney to make kids wear masks but not their parents, and dropping it entirely is pretty unsafe for those kids.
Even schools here have lifted the masks for all ages so I just don’t think unvaccinated children are a real concern.

It seems wdw is one of the only places at all still requiring masks. I ran errands here yesterday & there was no place that I had to wear one. I find Disney’s silence on this extremely annoying!

My own guess is we hear something late afternoon/early evening for things to change tomorrow. If they announce too soon in the day today, it probably makes it too tough for cast members to manage the rules.

My own guess is we hear something late afternoon/early evening for things to change tomorrow. If they announce too soon in the day today, it probably makes it too tough for cast members to manage the rules.

This. If they lift it, they'll wait until the evening and probably just quietly update their website.

Disney is still trying to beef up staffing and it would be a huge help to them to free up some CMs from mask duties to other areas. I see that as the biggest reason they'd follow suit. Plus it makes working at WDW more attractive to folks they're hiring if they no longer have to worry about belligerent
folks refusing to wear masks. I wouldn't want to deal with that either and sadly there's been so many incidents of people acting like that. And I'm sure it will only get worse for CMs as other businesses relax policies and WDW still hasn't. There's a lot of motivation for them to follow along here.

"All of Florida" never had a mask mandate.
Yep my county had a mandate just for residents over 8 lasting July 4th 2020-October 4th 2020 ONLY which was brutal because while my store had a company mask policy we couldn’t enforce it and I had so many customers cough or spit at me intentionally
Hopefully Disney no longer has the "fill in every available space" policy on ride lines and actually lets people have some personal space. Even before covid I didn't like to be right up on top of random people.
They are beginning to
///////

I know the company is busy today with avengers campus opening hoopla so if it’s not announced later tonight that masks drop the weekend than I wouldn’t be shocked if they are dropped by Monday

This exactly! Personal space, please. Disney World is already getting rid of extended cues. From the vlogs I have seen recently, there was very little distancing in some of the cues.

Last night I watched Cory and Steph(Cory Meets World) do their usual Thurs live vlog through park. During the mine train queue people were literally stacked. If you were to reach your arms out you could easily touch 4-6 people.

This is the new normal, its not like its ever going to go back. At best it stays the same, but likely its just going to get worse and we need to accept that. This is reality now.

Also, I watched a recent video of "the trackers"(the TimTracker) on youtube, first time they went back to Universal without masks. They said the smells, particularly BO, were incredible. I guess it's something we need to get used to and maybe we took for granted. They said you could smell body odor very very strong in almost every queue and walking around.

Last edited:
I just came back from a trip to WDW after masks were lifted for outside wear. No one followed the social distancing marks on the ground and everyone just jammed up next to each other like pre-Covid. I am vaccinated, but I was still happy that masks needed to be worn inside and in line because of how close people were to us. IF they stuck to the markers, I would be OK with no masks. Mask up if you're next to me OR stand away from me. Unfortunately, once the masks are gone, people will still jam up next to you but without a mask. Frankly, if I had kids under 12 I would not take them to WDW because they cannot yet be vaccinated. Covid is still with us, variants that are more contagious are increasing as a percentage of cases here in the US while only 50% of the population has been vaccinated. I don't think that WDW will be a particularly safe place for unvaccinated people once the masks come off.

Last night I watched Cory and Steph do their usual Thurs live vlog through park. During the mine train queue people were literally stacked. If you were to reach your arms out you could easily touch 4-6 people.

This is the new normal, its not like its ever going to go back. At best it stays the same, but likely its just going to get worse and we need to accept that. This is reality now.

Also, I watched a recent video of "the trackers" on youtube, first time they went back to Universal without masks. They said the smells, particularly BO, were incredible. I guess it's something we need to get used to and maybe we took for granted. They said you could smell body odor very very strong in almost every queue and walking around.

When you say “new normal”, are you referring to going back to the old normal?

I am not psyched about BO smells, but if this is a return to what we had before Covid, sign me up!!!

There is no mandate, all of the other Democratic mayors of major localities in Florida admitted they were null and void with DeSantis executive order a few weeks ago. This was just "for show."

yes this, not sure why so many still think he has power. It’s really All ridiculous, but Disney has followed the mayor very closely the whole time.

There is no mandate, all of the other Democratic mayors of major localities in Florida admitted they were null and void with DeSantis executive order a few weeks ago. This was just "for show."

For show? Or to educate constituents?

Personally I just don't understand the people that want stand so close to me in line they might as well be sniffing me...

Can we at least keep some distance in lines please?
I'm having flashbacks to when someone made quite a splash here by posting about standing in long, crowded lines "eating people's pixie dust farts." :duck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter