• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orange County Fl lifts all Corona viruses restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who aren't vaccinated aren't supposed to let go. Up north I'm sure it's different but I'm in Georgia and in my area that's 76% of the population who should still be masking and social distancing, the rules have only been relaxed for vaccinated folks. And since kids under 12 can't be vaccinated yet, feels like it would be hard at Disney to make kids wear masks but not their parents, and dropping it entirely is pretty unsafe for those kids.

THANK YOU!!!! I wish I saw more of this view on these boards.

I get it. We are all tired of this. I’m vaccinated and I would rather not wear a mask, but until more people are vaccinated, Disney is going to treat us all like we are unvaccinated. Seems logical to me. I mean on any given day 25% - 40% of the people inside Magic Kingdom are under 12 and therefore unvaccinated. I’m glad Disney is different than Universal. If you can’t wear a mask in Disney in the summer heat, go to Universal instead.

Under 5% seems high still. We've been under 5% in NY since February, and started relaxing rules when we were well under 1%. My county hit .28% today and most businesses still require masks. There's talk of relaxing when we are consistently below .1%. When we got up to 5% is when we started closing schools in the fall, so the idea that just under 5% is low seems strange.

Just read that vaccination rates in our state for kids who can get the shot are very very low. I think that will be a trend. Covid presents a very minimal risk in kids so I think there will be even more vaccine hesitancy. So, for all the ppl who think vaccinated kids will be the magic potion that allows us to lift mask requirements, now what? Do we wear masks forever?

I think people will be hesitant for kids as well, however I think it won’t matter that the vaccination rates increase, but rather the opportunity to have the vaccine is what really ends masks. But I think masks will be done long before the under 12’s can be vaccinated.

Under 5% seems high still. We've been under 5% in NY since February, and started relaxing rules when we were well under 1%. My county hit .28% today and most businesses still require masks. There's talk of relaxing when we are consistently below .1%. When we got up to 5% is when we started closing schools in the fall, so the idea that just under 5% is low seems strange.
All the states around me were around 12-15% in Jan/Feb (DMV), so 5 does sound low to me. Most places I've been in NY recently (western, last 2 weeks) don't seem to have many, if any restrictions.

I get it. We are all tired of this. I’m vaccinated and I would rather not wear a mask, but until more people are vaccinated, Disney is going to treat us all like we are unvaccinated. Seems logical to me. I mean on any given day 25% - 40% of the people inside Magic Kingdom are under 12 and therefore unvaccinated. I’m glad Disney is different than Universal. If you can’t wear a mask in Disney in the summer heat, go to Universal instead.
But why do you care if you’re vaccinated? I think that’s the point. At what point is it on the individual??

If you are vaccinated, then the CDC and other scientists have stated that you don't need a mask. You are >90% resistant to the virus, and if infected, your symptoms are typically much less severe. Therefore, there is no logical or scientific reason for a vaccinated person to continue to wear a mask.

So, the only possible reasons left for vaccinated people who still wear masks are habit/routine and/or fear.

But why do you care if you’re vaccinated? I think that’s the point. At what point is it on the individual??
For me, I don’t care what adults do. If you want to roll the dice and congregate with others while unvaccinated then good luck to you. If you get sick, then “oh well”. My concern is for the children who cannot be vaccinated and those whose parents choose not to vaccinate them. They are innocent.

For me, I don’t care what adults do. If you want to roll the dice and congregate with others while unvaccinated then good luck to you. If you get sick, then “oh well”. My concern is for the children who cannot be vaccinated and those whose parents choose not to vaccinate them. They are innocent.
But at what point are the rest of of us off the hook for this problem?

Let’s see…because I’m not selfish and realize it’s not all about me.

Also becuase in our travel party, only 2 people are vaccinated while 3 are not (because they can’t be).

There are other people in this world that haven’t been vaccinated yet. I was privileged enough to get the vaccine before others did. I know I’m safe, but I have no problem waiting a little longer for more people to get vaccinated before I would expect everyone to be able to not wear a mask in a large crowd (like at WDW) where it’s impossible to know for sure who is vaccinated or not.

I’m so tired of people who were vaccinated first moaning about having to wear a mask in certain settings. When more people have been vaccinated and all ages are eligible, mandates will go away.

If you are vaccinated, then the CDC and other scientists have stated that you don't need a mask. You are >90% resistant to the virus, and if infected, your symptoms are typically much less severe. Therefore, there is no logical or scientific reason for a vaccinated person to continue to wear a mask.

So, the only possible reasons left for vaccinated people who still wear masks are habit/routine and/or fear.

You are flat out wrong! There is one reason for vaccinated person to still wear a mask. We live in a society and it’s not all about the individual.

I never said I still need a mask to protect myself. I know I’m safe and I know I am virtually no risk to others. But when I am in a large crowd like at WDW, and there is no way for Disney or other guests to know for sure who is vaccinated or not, I’m perfectly fine being required to wear a mask so that those who are not yet vaccinated can be safe.

When children under 12 can be vaccinated.
As a parent of a child under 12, I have followed the info closely on this. It’s just a non-issue. I think some ppl have legitimate concerns about this, but I also think some ppl still use this argument as an excuse b/c they’re fearful to let the masks go. Schools here have lifted the mask mandates as of June. Again, they had been very cautious about mask up until now.

Nope - my view wouldn’t change. I’ve been in situations with a different travel party that were all vaccinated. And surprise - I was fine wearing a mask. Wearing a mask is not that big of a deal. Sure - I would prefer not to. But I am not a proponent of pushing to drop mask mandates (especially in large crowds) which will knowingly allow unvaccinated people to go maskless and put those that cannot be vaccinated at risk. If you want to call that righteousness, go ahead. Just know that when you ask when will this all end, you shouldn’t be shocked that it’s going to take longer with your approach.
Is suspect they’ll be another excuse to keep masks even when the current goals are met.

So high to me anyway! I live in Los Angeles county and we are at .8%. We were at total lockdown at 5%. Testing seems harder to find in FL, though (we are testing my 7 yo when we visit WDW in a few weeks as a precaution as we are visiting my grandparents in FL after Disney). It is way harder to get a test in FL than CA (at least in my experience).

Is suspect they’ll be another excuse to keep masks even when the current goals are met.
Darn - you figured it out. My evil plan is to fight for masks forever.

Listen - let’s call a truce before we get kicked off these boards. We obviously have different views on this.

But just know, if I’m in line for Test Track in August and a maskless family with LSU shirts is behind me leaving no open space, I will be making a nasty face under my mask and wondering if it is you.

Darn - you figured it out. My evil plan is to fight for masks forever.

Listen - let’s call a truce before we get kicked off these boards. We obviously have different views on this.

But just know, if I’m in line for Test Track in August and a maskless family with LSU shirts is behind me leaving no open space, I will be making a nasty face under my mask and wondering if it is you.
I didn’t actually mean you, but I do think some ppl won’t feel comfortable for a long time b/c they’ve gotten themselves all worked up in the past year. And I do still like my space lol so don’t plan to crowd anyone. Also I comply with business’ rules so I would only be maskless if the policy changes so it won’t be us 😊.

So high to me anyway! I live in Los Angeles county and we are at .8%. We were at total lockdown at 5%. Testing seems harder to find in FL, though (we are testing my 7 yo when we visit WDW in a few weeks as a precaution as we are visiting my grandparents in FL after Disney). It is way harder to get a test in FL than CA (at least in my experience).
Maybe that's why they have a different view on percents. If they are not testing as much it makes sense the percent who have covid is higher, while states like ours doing surveillance testing and not only testing people who think they have covid have percents that seem lower? I know the college I work at for example required all students and staff to be tested a minimum of twice per week, if other places don't do that it means the denominator is smaller.

Maybe that's why they have a different view on percents. If they are not testing as much it makes sense the percent who have covid is higher, while states like ours doing surveillance testing and not only testing people who think they have covid have percents that seem lower? I know the college I work at for example required all students and staff to be tested a minimum of twice per week, if other places don't do that it means the denominator is smaller.
Oh yeah definitely. My 1st grader has weekly Covid tests at school, has to wear a mask at all times, and have to step outside the classroom to drink water. The extra testing definitely feeds into the lower number. It also does stop the spread of those walking around unknowingly spreading it, though. That’s the only thing that is scaring me a bit about my trip this month. There are going to be more people around than I am used to not isolating because they don’t know they have it due to the lack/ease of getting a test (and I live in a city that was the country’s epicenter in January so that’s saying a bunch). I wouldn’t have an issue if it were only vaccinated people that were maskless, but since there is no way to verify your status, I don’t feel comfortable with my kids being super close crammed in a line to an unvaccinated, maskless potential spreader. Sounds melodramatic, but I am not ready to go back to normal at Disney or IRL until herd immunity is reached and we are not there yet.

Oh yeah definitely. My 1st grader has weekly Covid tests at school, has to wear a mask at all times, and have to step outside the classroom to drink water. The extra testing definitely feeds into the lower number. It also does stop the spread of those walking around unknowingly spreading it, though. That’s the only thing that is scaring me a bit about my trip this month. There are going to be more people around than I am used to not isolating because they don’t know they have it due to the lack/ease of getting a test (and I live in a city that was the country’s epicenter in January so that’s saying a bunch). I wouldn’t have an issue if it were only vaccinated people that were maskless, but since there is no way to verify your status, I don’t feel comfortable with my kids being super close crammed in a line to an unvaccinated, maskless potential spreader. Sounds melodramatic, but I am not ready to go back to normal at Disney or IRL until herd immunity is reached and we are not there yet.
I think your experience is partly why there are so many huge differences of opinion on this. My DS has been in preschool all year with no masks. Elementary on up had masks but that was just lifted this past week. Nowhere her was doing weekly Covid tests on kids. Honestly, I can’t believe they do that to young kids once a week. There were no reports of any severe illness in young kids in any of these districts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter