Orange disability badges

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
I think I've read somewhere that the orange disability parking badges available in the UK can be used in America.
Have I read this correctly and does anyone know how they work over there, in the parks etc? In the UK they can be used either for free parking in car parks or, with a parking fee, to enable you to park closer.

I don't know the total answer but do know that there are certainly MORE disabelled parking bays in Florida than here and they are strictly enforced, and certianly the parks have reserved areas.

Theres a forum on these boards called DISabilities, I'm sure they will have the answer re using your UK pass, those guys really know their stuff :)

Hi ,
We have taken our disabled Foster-Daughter to Florida several times and used her blue (the old orange) badge.
There are special disabled spaces everywhere. DON'T risk using them without displaying your badge. The Americans hang theirs from the rear-view mirror-we used an elastic band to attach ours. To the best of my knowledge there are no concessions on charges but there are special areas in the Park car parks which will enable you to park near enough to the entrance not to have to use a tram, Just mention Handicapped at the parking ticket booth and follow the blue line.
Carol

......... I have checked in Simon's book and it states that "disabled drivers should take their orange car badge with them as this is honoured in the US".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter