Orange Lake Resort (and specifically River Village)

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
We are graciously being offered a week at this property. We will have a car and we know the general area it's in. Any helpful thoughts about the resort itself? We would be in the River Island section and we will have 2 10 year olds, 8 year old, 6 year old and 2 year old (two families). Thanks!

hiya, just booked OL river island for June, we loved it 2 years ago, then we did bonnet creek, didn't like it there so we are back to OL. loved everything about it, we had a golf course room last time and drove to river island, kinda hectic so we sprung for a week there from redweek, close to publix, close to restaurants and 1 mini golf. watch youtube vids, really helps, my 10 yr old loved the long lazy river, don't pay for tubes unless you get a pass.

hiya, just booked OL river island for June, we loved it 2 years ago, then we did bonnet creek, didn't like it there so we are back to OL. loved everything about it, we had a golf course room last time and drove to river island, kinda hectic so we sprung for a week there from redweek, close to publix, close to restaurants and 1 mini golf. watch youtube vids, really helps, my 10 yr old loved the long lazy river, don't pay for tubes unless you get a pass.
I saw the tube rental fees...wow. Wish we could judy bring our own. I’ll check out YouTube. Thanks!

The east village is very close to river island, all sections are drivable, the publix is at end of a road so you will be close to shopping and restaurants in river island, i would download the orange lake map. we did pizza at the north village, they have a pool slide, we did putt putt at the west village, that's main village.

Last edited:
The east village is very close to river island, all sections are drivable, the public is at end of a road so you will be close to shopping and restaurants in river island, i would download the orange lake map. we did pizza at the north village, they have a pool slide, we did putt putt at the west village, that's main village.
i've been looking for maps - can't find anything specific to download - i'll keep hunting. thanks for the details! i was hoping to be able to walk to the river island pool from wherever our unit is.

all hotel stuff is done at the hotel,"clubhouse" west village, its the first building on right, we stayed at hotel for 1st night and last, its nice putt putt golf ,big pool, beach area, ice cream & store, where we bought deodorant, cant believe we forgot, big game room, nice small bar and restaurant, kids ate free not sure if still avail. on rainy days we did huge jenga and huge connect four out by pool. the youtube videos are good to watch
https://orangelakegolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Orange_Lake_Resort_Map_Update_2019.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter