Orbitz room and tickets

Koh1977

DIS Veteran
Has anyone booked room and tickets through Orbitz and had any problems/issues with them? What about getting everything added to the Magic Bands?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We did our room, but I've read several posts that say don't do your tickets they Orbitz, as they give you a DATED voucher, and if you have to cancel, you could loss your tickets. I bought our tickets thru undercover tourist. Both room reservations and tickets linked perfectly!

We did our room, but I've read several posts that say don't do your tickets they Orbitz, as they give you a DATED voucher, and if you have to cancel, you could loss your tickets. I bought our tickets thru undercover tourist. Both room reservations and tickets linked perfectly!

I've used UT before and they were easy and wonderful. :-)

On this same train of thought, if you get your hotel through Orbitz, can you later add the dining plan? Planning on staying at the Contemporary.

I didn't see a place to add DP at all. Perhaps I wasn't looking in the correct place. I figured I would have to pay out of pocket for dining if I went through Orbitz.

I didn't see a place to add DP at all. Perhaps I wasn't looking in the correct place. I figured I would have to pay out of pocket for dining if I went through Orbitz.

That's correct.

Hi

You can't use the DP if you book with a third party. We did know this before we booked yesterday. We decided paying OOP will be cheaper with the orbitz discount for the room.

I purchased my tickets through the Disney Youth Education Series. So far everything is linking good.

Good luck.:)

I would subscribe to mousesavers newsletter and use the unique link to order tickets from Undercover Tourist. The Orbitz tickets are print at home vouchers that have to redeemed at WDW. They are printed to only include your dates of stay and can not be linked to MDE ahead of time, so you can't make FP+ reservations. The UT tickets are real tickets and can be linked to MDE and your magic bands.

I'm kinda thinking it may be better just to book it through Disney and my TA because then we can get the DP and not have to go through all sorts of time and trouble just to save an extra $100?

I recently bought tickets from Orbitz and linked them to MDE very easily. All you have to do is send them an email asking for the MDE code and they will give it to you, you enter in the code, and its linked!

I recently bought tickets from Orbitz and linked them to MDE very easily. All you have to do is send them an email asking for the MDE code and they will give it to you, you enter in the code, and its linked!

I did this too. It was great. Now I have the tickets in my MDE and can link them to a person on my reservation. Then they will link to their magic band. No need to ever pick up the actual tickets!

No dining plans available when booking through third party brokers.

I have two Orbitz reservations now and it is no problem to link them to MDX.

I did this too. It was great. Now I have the tickets in my MDE and can link them to a person on my reservation. Then they will link to their magic band. No need to ever pick up the actual tickets!

Thanks for sharing this - I was wondering how this could all work out with tickets and our Magic Bands.

So if you book your room through disney, and your tickets through Undercover Tourist, will you be able to get the dining plan?

Also, do you get a Magic Band that way? (with paper tickets)

So if you book your room through disney, and your tickets through Undercover Tourist, will you be able to get the dining plan?

Also, do you get a Magic Band that way? (with paper tickets)

You will get the Magic Band by booking your room through Disney and you can put tickets you buy through Undercover Tourist on the band. In the past you couldn't book a room only and get a dining plan without also getting tickets through Disney as well, but that may be different now.

I have a room booked through Disney at the 35% off rate at WL and I'd like to try this Orbitz option, but I'm honestly not sure I want to run the risk of a snafu while trying to cancel one reservation, making a new one, and hoping everything will link up. It would be just my luck that Orbitz would tell me they've stopped allowing kids to be added if you didn't choose that up front and then I'd be starting from square one. I also have all my dining reservations made and I'm not sure what would happen to those if I all-out cancelled my Disney reservation that I currently hold.

Can someone tell me how Orbitz is allowing you to add children to your reservation without charging you extra? When I request a room with two kids included, the rate is exactly what I'm paying through Disney. When I put a request in for two adults only, that is when I see the extra 20% off. I don't see why Orbitz would allow me to book with the extra discount, then not recognize that I should've just included them in the originally quoted reservation and charge me the same if I'd had them on the request all along.

Also, what would happen to my dining reservations that I already have set up on MDE? They are linked to my current resort reservation and I don't want to lose them because we are going over the 4th of July and for my daughter's birthday.

Your ADRs will remain (no matter how many rooms you book and then cancel; I do it all the time - you can even stay offsite and the dining reservations will remain until you go in and cancel them one by one or by phone).

As to the Orbitz kids = 20% discount: that is just a coincidence you're seeing with respect to whichever resort you priced out (i.e., 20% off that room that night happens to equal the 3rd and/or 4th adult extra fee). Orbitz is just programmed incorrectly with respect to Disney rooms (they charge the 3rd/4th adult in 1 room fee even when you've put in 2 adults and 1 or 2 kids). Just book with 2 adults and 0 kids, then call Orbitz and they'll call Disney (with you on the call) and they'll add kids for free (only up to room capacity of course). You'll see some threads on this - on people booking Orbitz this month, leaving off the kids, then calling (with no problem to add the kids on, to room capacity).

HTH!

Your ADRs will remain (no matter how many rooms you book and then cancel; I do it all the time - you can even stay offsite and the dining reservations will remain until you go in and cancel them one by one or by phone).

As to the Orbitz kids = 20% discount: that is just a coincidence you're seeing with respect to whichever resort you priced out (i.e., 20% off that room that night happens to equal the 3rd and/or 4th adult extra fee). Orbitz is just programmed incorrectly with respect to Disney rooms (they charge the 3rd/4th adult in 1 room fee even when you've put in 2 adults and 1 or 2 kids). Just book with 2 adults and 0 kids, then call Orbitz and they'll call Disney (with you on the call) and they'll add kids for free (only up to room capacity of course). You'll see some threads on this - on people booking Orbitz this month, leaving off the kids, then calling (with no problem to add the kids on, to room capacity).

HTH!

Hi this is exactly what I did this week. It worked out great.:)

We added the kids the next day and everything was showing on MDE within a couple hours, very easy. I'm going to purchase the MYW tickets and hope its just as easy! :)

HTH!

Thank you for all your information--that helps a lot! I was able to rebook through Orbitz as you said and add my kids. Other than them spelling my oldest's name incorrectly, which required a second phone call, everything was super easy. I do have one question though. I have a reservation number for WL from Orbitz, along with the Disney Reservation number Orbitz gave me when they called to add my kids. Both show up in different places on MDE. When I called Magical Express to add my transportation, I used the Disney Reservation Orbitz gave me with no trouble. I just can't figure out why I still have the Orbitz number also showing up on MDE. Anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter