Order to make reservations

deez1966

Mouseketeer
We are trying to make a number of really tough ADRs the week before and during Christmas. There are 9 of us total - 4 adults, one young adult and 4 girls from Age 6-12, so lots of princesses and other character meals. We will be arrving December 18 and staying through the 27th. We have the DXDP, There are 9 in our party, but we are willing to split into 2 groups if needed. My DH, DD and I will be up and ready to go at 6am on our ADR day. Here are some of the ADRs and the order I think we should make them in. We are willing to be flexible if needed, but are hoping for some pixie dust.

Does this look ok, are there any adjustments I should make? Any other suggestions?

1. CRT Dinner - Dec 24
2. HBD Dinner - Dec 25
3. California Grill. Dinner - Dec 23
4. BOG Dinner - Dec 20
5. Cape May mid morning - Dec 27
6. Garden Grill mid morning - Dec 25
7. Crystal Palace mid morning - Dec 24
8. Via Napoli Lunch - Dec 23
9. Akershus mid morning - Dec 26
10. Yachtsman Dinner - Dec 22
11. Yak and Yeti lunch - Dec 21
12. Trattoria al Forno early morning - Dec 20
13. Boathouse Dinner - Dec 26
14. Tiffins Dinner - Dec 19
15. Skipper Canteen - Dec 22

Thanks!

I think I'd move up the Trattoria reservation to after BOG. It's hard to get early morning character meals.

You have many great meals planned!

Good luck! Looks like a great list of restaurants.
BoG is an unknown. It will be pre-fixe by then and I don't think there is enough data to see what affect it will have on evening bookings.
You might also have 2 of you booking your ADRs at the same time.

Nice list of eateries that seems to cover all the wants of your diverse party:).
Since 3 of you will be making ADRs that morning I'd divide the list into groups of 5 with each of you having 2 of the top 6 ADRs for starters.
For instance, you get CRT and BOG, DH, HBD and Cape May, and DD, having CG and Crystal Palace.This should increase the odds of your top 6 ressies being acquired and then follow through with the remainder.

I would also check to see how many restaurants on your list can be booked on open table and be sure to put in requests on restaurant finder @ touring plan or similar if needed. Keep in mind that open table seems to have a shorter window for ADRs than Disney's website. Currently, it will not allow me to make any reservations in November. This policy may vary by individual restaurants though.

Have fun and GL!

Nice list of eateries that seems to cover all the wants of your diverse party:).
Since 3 of you will be making ADRs that morning I'd divide the list into groups of 5 with each of you having 2 of the top 6 ADRs for starters.
For instance, you get CRT and BOG, DH, HBD and Cape May, and DD, having CG and Crystal Palace.This should increase the odds of your top 6 ressies being acquired and then follow through with the remainder.

I would also check to see how many restaurants on your list can be booked on open table and be sure to put in requests on restaurant finder @ touring plan or similar if needed. Keep in mind that open table seems to have a shorter window for ADRs than Disney's website. Currently, it will not allow me to make any reservations in November. This policy may vary by individual restaurants though.

Have fun and GL!
WDWNews announced last week that several Disney restaurants had ceased to participate in Open Table and speculated that the rest are to follow

Thanks everyone! We will make sure to use all of your tips. I have a spreadsheet for all of us with the order, preferred time and a time window. I am thinking about doing a trip dining review if we can pull this off!

I agree with everyone to move BOG dinner to the first one to try. It is earlier in your vacation and hard to get. I would also move Tratoria al Forno up as that is early and harder to get now as well. I had a couple of computers open as well as the app on my iPad. I could not pick dates past the 180 mark on the web site, but could type them in. Good luck getting all your reservations.

Awesome dining plan!

Trattoria definitely should move up, it's tough and it's early in your trip. I would put it 4th on your list. I think swapping BOG with HBD may be a good call too because BOG is earlier in yoru trip and even though HBD is your Christmas dinner, I think you'll be okay because I don't think that's a huge demand Christmas Day meal. If 2 of you can be booking at once, that will take care of worrying too much about the order of the first 4 since you'll be able to get them all in the first minute or two of bookings opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter