Ordering a cake at Boardwalk Bakery

MouseJen

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

Me and my fiancé are (going to be) an Escape couple from the UK. Our wedding will hopefully be in May 2017.

We are lucky enough to be heading to WDW in January and want to check out a few venues and things whilst we are there.

One thing we wanted to try was a cake. We are looking at venues which will probably have cakes made by the Boardwalk Bakery but I don't know how to go about ordering one. We wouldn't need anything bigger than 6inches. I'm intrigued on trying the red velvet or the chocolate (such a delicious decision to make). Any help anyone can give about how to order (or even filling options) would be really helpful.

There's a cake chatter thread on the restaurant board (link HERE) the second post tells you exactly who to call to order a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery. Basically they will deliver to an restaurant on the Baordwalk or to your room if staying at the Inn. They also apparently will allow you to pick up a cake too.

HTH

Last edited:
If you plan to have a Disney wedding, then your wedding coordinator will send you a paper to pick your cake from so you don't have to worry with ordering it yourself. Stress free. Yes it is from boardwalk bakery. I got married at the Yacht Club gazebo 4 years ago and a Disney wedding was the way to go! I didn't have to worry at all. The cake was excellent, we had a marble cake from Boardwalk Bakery. If you just want to sample on your trip, they have cupcakes that are quite tasty.

Ooo I hadn't even consider a marble cake! I think we are going to have to try a few cupcakes to see.

The more stress free the better :)

The cupcakes won't give you the range of flavors and fillings available if you order a custom cake. My sister's wedding cake was marble cake with Bavarian cream and fresh raspberry filling and was AMAZING! I ordered a recreation on my wedding trip to celebrate her 5th anniversary and it was just as good. My wedding cake was amaretto and almond crunch for one layer and red velvet with cream cheese frosting for the second and both were delicious as well - it was nice to have the lighter cake to cut the heaviness of the red velvet. Only red velvet would be a cupcake you could try - the rest you could order as cakes to taste on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter