Ordering from China via Ebay...

ilovepcot

<font color=purple>Caused the first ever Tag Fairy
While browsing eBay, I'm seeing more and more I like that's located in China. Friends insist I'll be "taken" if I order from China. I see excellent feedback and long time members in China. Anyone here order and have a good transaction?

While browsing eBay, I'm seeing more and more I like that's located in China. Friends insist I'll be "taken" if I order from China. I see excellent feedback and long time members in China. Anyone here order and have a good transaction?

Many times, after checking feedback.....Amazon also has more and more items showing up from China. Just be prepared to wait longer for items to arrive. Have never had problems with quality or items now

I got DD's freshman homecoming dress on eBay from China- it was fine, just expect a few weeks for delivery. I ordered her junior homecoming dress on Amazon from China and that worked out fine too. Custom measurements and still actually only took 2 weeks to arrive. Oh, I also ordered cat ear headbands on eBay too, for a talent show outfit and had no issues. I really don't see how they can make any money selling me two sets of cat ears/tails/bowties for $3.18 shipped, but I'm not complaining!

Did it once, and I was OK with the purchase. It was less than $2 with shipping. I also paid directly with PayPal. I suppose someone can make enough money, especially with a bulk international shipping.

However, it was classified as a "gift" of negligible value. There could theoretically be issues with Customs duties.

I bought several items from sellers in China. I'd prefer to buy from the US but sometimes I just can't find what I'm looking from from a US Seller. It's generally only things that are pretty inexpensive. I don't think I've spent more than $20 on something from China. I've never been "taken".

I've purchased a few items from China without incident, but rumor is that there are dozens of people that live there and you might not be buying from the same people. ;)

I bought a few things from out of the country that aren't available here and it was fine.

However, I did have an issue with one set of headphones. I was unaware that they were not coming from the US distribution. They turned out to be knock offs. I only saved $5 on them and the bluetooth hardly worked.

I buy a lot from sellers located in China on ebay, for costumes. I always say as a precaution to do your research: make sure that your product was reviewed by someone else recently(because pictures are reused often) and pay attention to the bad reviews. I always give it a month to two months for delivery. If it's super important, I'd rather leave extra time in case it doesn't go well. I have really never had a bad transaction from China. I have gotten cheap stuff like hats, to nice wigs, to gowns. I haven't gone too much farther outside of clothes though.

I know someone who ordered a wedding dress from China, and was delighted. It was a beautiful dress.

This sounds great to me. Just wanting a few decorative items that are fairly inexpensive and don't have to "work". Found several sellers with great selling history. :)

I've purchased a number of things from Aliexpress or TB dress and everything has been fine. Just be prepared as shipping takes about a month and check and recheck size charts because their sizes are weird.

However, it was classified as a "gift" of negligible value. There could theoretically be issues with Customs duties.

The one time I ordered something from China, it was through Amazon. It was an electronic device, valued at about $80, but the customs shipping form said "diaper" lol. I got a kick out of that.

Daughter just ordered pajamas from China not eBay, and express shipping says it will be here in 7 - 14 days. I hope so, they are for Halloweenl.

Last edited:
Until reading some of these replies, I'd totally forgotten I DID order something from China through Amazon last year. I had taken new meds and ended up ordering pure crap in the middle of the night over my Kindle. I mean, this was stuff I had *no need of*! Stopped that med immediately! That was scary. :oops:

No, I do not buy from China. I have a DGD I buy for and after the last few troubles, I.e. Lead paint I just won't.

My daughter orders clothes all the time from China, only one time the dress was to big for her, but we altered it and it was fine. Sometimes it takes long to get here but other than that no problem.

DH frequently purchases neck ties from China via ebay and has been pleased with the ties and the transactions. I've bought a few things from China, also via ebay and haven't had any problems. Sometimes their sellers ship quicker than the state-side sellers.

I've never purchased anything of great importance, but have gotten some small things and never been disappointed. A backpack for my daughter, some knock-off Elsa dresses for Christmas last year (because I couldn't afford the full price ones and I knew they'd get played with so much).

I have ordered clothes and items that are being sold as reproductions and have not had any issues. I would not order anything electronic from China for fear of knock-offs/not working. I've even done returns/exchanges on items I've purchased from China and not had an issue.

I buy stuff from eBay from China all the time. Expect it to take well over a month to get to you. The last thing I ordered was supposed to arrive on Sept 24 at the latest, and when over a week went by, I sent them a message asking if they could check up on it. Instead of communicating with me, they just sent me a refund within 24 hours. I'm disappointed that they didn't try to communicate because I still wanted the product.

Turns out, it arrived two days ago! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter