Ordering from Publix

I always tell my friends going down to the Orange Beach / 30-A area to be sure to get a key lime pie from Publix. I’ve also bought half a pie like you mentioned and I would do that for our stay at Old Key West. Just two of us and a small fridge.
We’re arriving at OKW Close to midnight so I don’t think they will want to deliver to us at that time. Might make things challenging to get a delivery.

Does Instacart deliver right to your room or do you have to meet them?
We've had it both ways. At OKW and SSR they delivered to the room. I make sure that I have all the info, Rm#, Building#, etc. put in. At Kidani, one time I had to meet them and another time they came right to the room. At CCV, they wouldn't bring it up to the room. Also, each time there was beer/wine in the order.

I’ve only ever used Prime Now for groceries at WDW. Am I missing something by not using Publix? Should I try it for our mid-June trip?

If I can order a pie from them, can I order a bday cake through them?

And yes - their key lime pie really is that good. Nothing says Florida vacation to me like a Publix key lime pie!

Last edited:
I've done Publix through Instacart several times and never had an issue. They will deliver to bell services. The only hiccup we ran into was ordering alcohol. Their policy is you have to meet them at delivery for alcohol, but some drivers are more lenient than others. Of course if your order does not include alcohol there is no need to meet them. We found Publix to be wonderful woth a wide selection of groceries and much cheaper than other options.
This is great to know. Is there a minimum order amount that must be met?

Anyone know what is the latest Instacart will deliver? We are hoping to arrive around 7:30-8:00 pm. Curious if they will deliver that late. Can’t find hours on the app. We would like to order alcohol, so won’t be able to leave at Bell Services.

I always tell my friends going down to the Orange Beach / 30-A area to be sure to get a key lime pie from Publix. I’ve also bought half a pie like you mentioned and I would do that for our stay at Old Key West. Just two of us and a small fridge.
We’re arriving at OKW Close to midnight so I don’t think they will want to deliver to us at that time. Might make things challenging to get a delivery.
I’m very excited to try this key lime pie now on my next trip!

So if you were to order alcohol (not landing till 7:15pm) they will not leave the alcohol with Bell services. Was hoping to have stuff there by arrival time 9ish probably

I cannot comment on international food offerings, but they do have an excellent selection of organic produce and dairy products.

I’ve only ever used Prime Now for groceries at WDW. Am I missing something by not using Publix? Should I try it for our mid-June trip?

If I can order a pie from them, can I order a bday cake through them?

And yes - their key lime pie really is that good. Nothing says Florida vacation to me like a Publix key lime pie!
Birthday cakes from Publix are delicious.

For me, Publix key lime pies are too sweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter