Ordering groceries from Amazon to Resort

davedvf

Earning My Ears
Greetings,

I am attempting to order groceries from the Amazon Prime Now service a couple weeks in advance of our trip (All Star Sports this time).

I was surprised though that there does not seem to be an option to select a delivery date, and that the only apparent option is next day delivery.

It seemed strange to me that I could not select my grocery delivery date in advance, so I thought maybe I am doing something wrong and that maybe someone here has had experience with Amazon groceries (and could confirm that your only option is to order them the day before you arrive at your resort).

Many Thanks!

Greetings,

I am attempting to order groceries from the Amazon Prime Now service a couple weeks in advance of our trip (All Star Sports this time).

I was surprised though that there does not seem to be an option to select a delivery date, and that the only apparent option is next day delivery.

It seemed strange to me that I could not select my grocery delivery date in advance, so I thought maybe I am doing something wrong and that maybe someone here has had experience with Amazon groceries (and could confirm that your only option is to order them the day before you arrive at your resort).

Many Thanks!
I looked at the same thing a couple of weeks ago and confirmed that you cannot order in advance-- CRAZY! Someone else suggested that you place the order when you land at MCO (if flying) and then it will be at your resort around the same time that you arrive. So I think that's what I am going to do.

I looked at the same thing a couple of weeks ago and confirmed that you cannot order in advance-- CRAZY! Someone else suggested that you place the order when you land at MCO (if flying) and then it will be at your resort around the same time that you arrive. So I think that's what I am going to do.

Agreed. That's what I plan on doing in January - as soon as I land at MCO, I'm just going to immediately order what we want, having already pre-populated the cart so it's easier and ready to go.

I've been able to place an order the night before (8 PM-ish) the delivery day. Maybe that would work for you?

You have to place the order the day before delivery, or at least that's how it worked when I used them once.

Another reason I prefer Safeway delivery to resorts, plus they deliver beer and wine, LOL.

Greetings,

Many Thanks!

Prime Now is a same day/next day service, I think most people either submit the order before they take off or when they land.

I was looking into doing this for our trip in a few weeks. Do we need to be present for the delivery or can it be left at the resort?

I was looking into doing this for our trip in a few weeks. Do we need to be present for the delivery or can it be left at the resort?
They'll leave the order with bell services. The only time this isn't possible is if you've ordered alcohol from a service that requires you to be present for delivery. I'm fairly certain Amazon Prime Now doesn't do alcohol.

If you order when your plane touches down, it's usually darn near perfect timing!
Amazon prime now has inventory that is constantly changing and evolving according to demand, season, and vendor availibility. Since they are an on demand operation, they don't know how many bananas or granola bars will be in demand months, even weeks from now.
#FromAPrimeNowPicker

What info do I need to provide when placing my order? Of course I’ll have it sent to the resort address. What else do I need to put on there?

What info do I need to provide when placing my order? Of course I’ll have it sent to the resort address. What else do I need to put on there?
Your name, phone number, credit card info, billing address. You'll select a delivery time range. I think it also asks for the phone number of the delivery address. If I can't find it quickly, though, at least once or twice I've just used my mobile number with no problems. Placing an order is really easy.

Oh! And remember that your local AmazonPrimeNow may not have the same items available in Orlando. Regional availability also determines inventory available. You might find produce items are different in Orlando, verses the midwest or where you're coming from. Make sure your initial browsing is set for the Orlando zipcode.

OK… I noticed an article from TouringPlans that offered some tips of things that should be in your special delivery instructions (things I wasn’t planning to do until I read this):

· In addition to your name and phone number, also include your reservation number

· Bring perishables to attention in your delivery instructions (Milk, etc.) so that Bell services stores them properly.

Anyway… since we arrive so late (midnight) and our delivery would be earlier that day (after 3PM), I will take that advice too being that this is our 1st time using AmazonPrimeNow.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/07/25/groceries-disney-world-garden-grocer-vs-amazon-prime-now/

Thanks again everyone for the awesome responses.

We used primenow when we went the week after Thanksgiving. I placed the order the night before. I didn't have to include my reservation number. I put my name with "guest" next to it and then the resort's address. You choose the tip amount (and can change the tip up to a few hours after delivery). That tip goes to the courier. You should also plan to tip whoever delivers it from bell services. They cannot put it in your room unless you are present. We had to wait quite some time for bell services to bring it to us so be forewarned to plan ahead for when you want it delivered. We had dining reservations so we had to wait until after dinner to have it delivered to our room even though it was delivered to the resort in the afternoon. The do put the cold items in insulated bags with an ice pack.

We used primenow when we went the week after Thanksgiving. I placed the order the night before. I didn't have to include my reservation number. I put my name with "guest" next to it and then the resort's address. You choose the tip amount (and can change the tip up to a few hours after delivery). That tip goes to the courier. You should also plan to tip whoever delivers it from bell services. They cannot put it in your room unless you are present. We had to wait quite some time for bell services to bring it to us so be forewarned to plan ahead for when you want it delivered. We had dining reservations so we had to wait until after dinner to have it delivered to our room even though it was delivered to the resort in the afternoon. The do put the cold items in insulated bags with an ice pack.

I've had bell services deliver to my room and put cold items in my fridge without me being there more than once, at Pop Century.

Is bell services at Pop open 24 hours a day? Our flight arrives at 2am (yulk). I'm thinking that by the time we catch magical express etc. it will be close to 4am. I'd like to have our order at bell services when we arrive so we don't have to wait for a delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter