• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orlando area hurricane this weekend?

With the current model, I'd either go back to GA on Sunday early or I'd plan on staying until Tuesday (and possibly longer). The Weather Channel has it hitting Melbourne area Monday morning, but it could turn north and hit us around Jax that day.

The uncertainity is what kills me. I just want to know whether we evac or not (we are in Evac zone D in our area, but literally across the street there is no evac zone).

That's what I'm thinking now that it's going to be stronger. Don't want to risk getting stuck or driving back with damage in the area.

We are four days out from check in and when we called today we were told no exceptions were being made for cancellations. I’m going to call back tomorrow afternoon.

I’m fine for Disney and rain. I don’t want to be locked in a value resort with my three children.

We are four days out from check in and when we called today we were told no exceptions were being made for cancellations. I’m going to call back tomorrow afternoon.

I’m fine for Disney and rain. I don’t want to be locked in a value resort with my three children.
I don't blame you!
Their website says you can cancel. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/hurricane-policy/cancellation-or-change-fees/

If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area—or for your place of residence—within 7 days of your scheduled arrival date, you may call in advance to reschedule or cancel your Walt Disney Travel Company Magic Your Way vacation package and most room only reservations (booked directly with Disney) without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney.

I don't blame you!
Their website says you can cancel. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/hurricane-policy/cancellation-or-change-fees/

If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area—or for your place of residence—within 7 days of your scheduled arrival date, you may call in advance to reschedule or cancel your Walt Disney Travel Company Magic Your Way vacation package and most room only reservations (booked directly with Disney) without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney.

Thank you. There are no current watches or warnings. I will just have to wait and see if they issue one that far inland.

We rescheduled. Disney was very accommodating and helpful finding us a room for the weekend we wanted in Oct. The airlines actually let us waive the fee as well just pay the difference in airfare.

They are definitely starting work at WDW for the storm. Today we saw workers rolling up the scrims on construction walls to reduce their wind load. And this afternoon they took all of the cars off of the Skyliner lines. When we entered DHS they were running the lines with cars attached, and when we left they were gone.431231

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter