Orlando hotel help needed!

Blanchx5

Earning My Ears
I'm having a hotel booking nightmare. My DH just found out he can get leave for Easter break, and we want to do Disney and USF/IOA from 3/30-4/6. We have 3 teens, DS (16) and DD's (14, 13). I booked at Days Inn Suites, but they downgraded us to the hotel, because the suites were full, without even telling me, so I cancelled that, because I wasn't getting what I booked for. Then I booked the Radisson Resort Parkway. But I'm looking over my info and it appears that the booking is only for 4. They don't have rooms for 5. It's too short of notice to get on Disney property, and we want to take advantage of 1/2 park tickets. Also, SOG is booked. (We even had to cancel our summer reservations due to DH deployment schedule change.) This will be the first time our kids have ever been to Disney, and I don't want it to be a nightmare, but finding an inexpensive place to stay that allows 5 guests is really starting to depress me!

Can anyone make some good suggestions on where to stay? Thank you, thank you!

Paula :)

I hear ya, Paula

I was hoping dd and I could go to Disney your exact same dates, but airfare is way too expensive.

I have 3 suggestions for you since I have been checking hotels "just in case"

hotelkingdom.com had a pretty good rate for the Holiday Inn Universal for a 2 br unit. Check it out.

Also, the NEW country innn and suites down in calapso way just south of dt disney has good rates right now. You could probably get two connecting rooms plus free bkfst for just over $l00 nightly thru valutrips.com

Summerfield suites near dt disney 2 br unit thru quikbook.com was about $l89 nitly. Expensive, but about the same as a disney mod.

I am glad you cancelled your DayInn reserv. Probably a real good idea.

I would keep callling CRO. Cancellations always open up if you really want to stay onsite. Two allstar rooms would work for you.

If you are not interested in any of these hotels, pm me

herc.

I don't know about availability, but try Marriott.com and click on vacation rentals to see if anything is available at the Grande Viste, or some of their other resorts in Orlando. Another site which may help is www.tug2.net classifieds. It's a timeshare users group and people rent out their timeshare weeks.

Check out everything...any site that offers accomodations in Orlando. I've been on popular sites that state no more rooms available at the lowest rate, yet find that rate and room available for the same dates elsewhere.

Good luck!

Sharon

I want to thank you, herc and mulanmom for the suggestions. I've been perusing the sites you both suggested, but most of them were booked. I did end up making reservations through hotelkingdom for Oak Plantation. Got confirmation today. It looks like it'll be a good place to lay our heads at the end of the busy days. Plus my kids will have space to have time for themselves. Anyway, thanks for giving me some directions to look in. :-) Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter