OT - athletic swimsuit tops

belleelc77

Mouseketeer
I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move it if needed.

I am what you might call "busty" and have been looking for an affordable sports bra style swimsuit top for larger cup sizes. Anyone have any suggestions? I run/walk and play beach volleyball so I need something that will support me while at play. TIA for any help.

I'd love suggestions on this too!
I've lost close to 50lbs and am no longer in plus size clothing but I still have a DD cup size.
It's now so hard to find bras and swimsuits as most don't come in 36DD.

Try Bare Necessities as well. I've ordered bras from there and have looked through their swimsuits....they sell by the cup size and have a much larger selection than Lands End.

Swimsuitsforall. I'm recently 'busty' (34DD) and have had a hard time finding swim tops that i like that fit. I ordered two from their website to try, and loved them both!

Athleta has a lot of options, including a number of tops that you can order by bra size. If you find one you like, check out the reviews, because they can be really helpful.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I had the same problem about 15 years ago, it seems that is has not improved over the years.

Yeah and it doesn't help when you have dense breasts so even if you find one that fits them it usually doesn't support them.
The woman at VS was so shocked that she absolutely could not get them to lift.
And sports bras are even worse because I rather not have one with underwire and the size large fits me nicely around but not having specific cup sizes means they are hanging out all over the place lol.
I have found that layering 2 tank tyle sports bras from Fruit of the Loom often works better than one more expensive sports bra.

So, DD and I both had swimsuit bottoms that were in good condition but the tops needing to be replaced. Both of us are DD. We just use sports bras. Most of them tend to be opaque and cover more than the swimsuit tops which works well for us due to activity level.

TitleNine.com. Hand's down the best.

I am a Title Nine fan! They have a super easy and free returns.

I have absolutely no problems finding 34DD or 36DD swimwear, but for quality and great support it will no be cheap. Expect to pay $60 or more for the top alone. My last top was $120 from Dillard's. Bottoms are less expensive. For DD you want bra tops, no sal, medium, large with only shelf bras or sewn in fake pads...it needs a built I bra!

I am a Title Nine fan! They have a super easy and free returns.

I have absolutely no problems finding 34DD or 36DD swimwear, but for quality and great support it will no be cheap. Expect to pay $60 or more for the top alone. My last top was $120 from Dillard's. Bottoms are less expensive. For DD you want bra tops, no sal, medium, large with only shelf bras or sewn in fake pads...it needs a built I bra!

Thing is I absolutely refuse to wear underwire in a bathing suit!!!
I find that shelf bra types work great for me. Unfortunately this season I have come across very few that have that. They are carrying a lot of the ones that just have padding and nothing to support them.

Thing is I absolutely refuse to wear underwire in a bathing suit!!!
I find that shelf bra types work great for me. Unfortunately this season I have come across very few that have that. They are carrying a lot of the ones that just have padding and nothing to support them.

The tops that tie at neck and back are good because you can tie to your comfort and support. I have chronic neck pain and can't tie around my neck and wear for long periods but if you can stand the tight tie at the neck they are a good option. I had a top with normal shoulder straps but a zig zag tie back that was fabulous. I prefer the underwire myself. I have never been overweight but four kids and in my 40s, I want support.

I have the best luck with halter top swimsuits. I love Athleta. They are pricey, but the quality is awesome. They have tops that are the usual S/M/L and by bra size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter