OT - FantasticDisFamily are you there???

WDWMom

DIS Veteran
Deb,

Keli has made it to the phone interview for MIHS. Did Michelle have to do this??? Do you have any idea what kind of ??? they asked? Her interview is at 4:00 today. I think she is nervous. She has been having me ask her all kinds of ?? so she will be prepared but I have no idea what Lucy is going to ask.

Thanks, Sue

Sue that is fantastic!!!!! I'm excited for her!

Michelle didn't have to do a phone interview. I guess sometimes they do interviews (and in our council they are face to face) and other times they don't. In Michelle's case she and Kaitlyn had attended a training on how to apply for and prepare for Wider Ops (as they were still called) and during that session several members of the committee did "practice" interviews which ended up being the real thing! Took some of the nerves away but I have to say it is a good thing those too behaved seriously during them!

I understand that at other times the committee has looked at the applicants and one or more of the committee members knows them well enough that between those recommendations and the aps they make the decision.

Our council doesn't have as many spots and the girls who are seriously considered for them tend to be the ones who are already involved in older girl stuff. I understand that there really isn't an opening in our council this year. Only 1 senior graduated and we have a transfer from Traverse City (Alison) and Renee has said they will grandfather her in....which of course means the other girl from my troop who applied last year and didn't make it and is applying this year probably won't either. The other girls have told her to keep trying.

Ok, I'm babbling! As for questions I would expect they would be along the lines of the application topics!

Tell her good luck for me and keep me posted on how things go!

Deb

Nor sure if you know who Rachel and Elizabeth Searls are, but Rachel was a MIHS and is now a senior in college. SHe was an adult last year I think. She is on the committee and put in a plug for Keli. I'm just hoping this interview is a formality. I was told there were several openings this year for us. Many graduated or are not coming back. Good news for Keli. I'll let you know how it goes. We may be seeing each other through the year for trainings. I also want to go to the island if she makes it. Mike does not want to go so I may need to make it a girl trip.

I know Rachel as far as who she is and that last year she was the unit's trainer and did some of the "performance reviews". That is good news on your end.

I suspect Greg may not want to go again this year, although I could be wrong, so a girls trip is a possibility.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter