• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: Fort Desoto

Disney Campers

DIS Veteran
Well we finally stayed at Fort Desoto park this weekend, had a site on the water and had a great time, thanks for the recomendation Rhonda.

Had a couple situations, First night the racoons opened our cooler and literally drank all of my Pepsi and of course left the mess for us to clean, later that afternoon we were cooking burgers on the grill when the birds swooped down and took 4 of them off the grill as they were cooking, talk about survival of the fittest, we had to fight for our food :eek: :eek:

Still had a great time and had perfect weather, a nice trip to satify us until the end of February when we get to go back to the Fort (Wilderness that Is )

Things haven't changed!

We camped there in 1992 and the raccoons were trying to open our cooler. They were also jumping right up into our trunk and digging through our stuff. This was in the middle of the afternoon while we were at the campsite. Then at dinner, a seagull swooped down and grabbed a sausage right off the flaming grill!

I prefer the armadillos and peacocks at Fort Wilderness -

LOL! You really have to be careful of those racoons! They're not afraid of people at all! In fact, on our last trip, one actually growled and came after me! My dh will never let me forget how funny I looked jumping up on the picnic table to get away from a racoon!!

They're so cute though when they drink pop out of cans! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter