OT: how do you do a search on DIS Boards?

themooch

travel agent ears
I want to do a search for certain topics I have read in the past but do not see how to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :confused3 Thanks!

If you go up towards the top of the page you see Dis Radio (red, yellow, black logo) Directly under that is search. Seach doesn't work more often than it does. Recently it hasn't worked at all. :sad2:

If you have posted to the thread that you want to go back and read, go into your User CP, located on the same green bar as the search, but to the left. There you will see all the threads that you posted to.

There use to be a much better way to do a search, but I can't find it anymore :rolleyes: . They must of changed the boards without me knowing :confused3 . It use to be at the bottom of the page and you could search by topic or by a Dis board members name. Also after you opened up a thread they would have related threads at the bottom of the page, I don't see that anymore either. Does anyone know what happened to these features ?? BTW, your right Buzzlady, the search feature at the top hardly ever works anymore :badpc: !!

wdwjoeman said:
sometimes the search doesnt work, am I doing something wrong?

Nope, the search hasn't been working lately.

Sometimes the search works better if you just search one forum at a time. Instead of going to the main search, pick a particular subject board. Go to that board then to the right hand side there's "Search this forum". It'll search only that board. Sometimes that works for me when the overall big Search won't work. I do this especially if I have a very targeted question. Like searching just the restaurant board for a review of Le Cellier, etc.

I always liked to use the New Posts search option, but that does not seem to work anymore. :sad2:

I havent been able to search for awhile either. I do like to use it on occasion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter