• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: My 1 yr. old just drank soap!

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY

<font color=0099FF>Creates edible masterpieces<br>
Ok, my first dd was not nearly the handful that her new baby sister is! My dh and I heard her in the bathroom and went to find out what she was up to. She had gotten the pump nozzle off the top of the Johnson's Baby Wash and it was everywhere! She had it on her, and some around her mouth, but I don't know how much of it she actually ingested. Should I call the dr.? Take her to the ER? Or is she fine? I've looked at the bottle and it says there is nothing toxic in it, but I just want to make sure. Has anyone else's child ever done this, and what did you do? Thanks!

Call Poison control. She's probably going to be okay, just have diarrhea, but PC will know exactly what's in the product.

Ummm get off the Dis message board and call a professional, whether it be her pediatrician or the poison control.

I'm sure there's nothing in it that will hurt her, except maybe make her sick , since its especially made for babies, but I'd be calling just to make sure.

my DS just stuck his hand in his diaper as i changed him and ate doodoo...lol.. eww

Let us know what Poison Control says...

my son did this exact thing but it was dishwashing soap and YES call posion control and they will guide you. Mostly I sat outside while he threw up soap bubbles but it was pretty scary. He was fine though within about a half hour.

My other child had been "feeding" him with it like it was a bottle :(

Poison Control -1 800 222 1222.

I have the sticker w/this number stuck to my phone, thank goodness I've never had to use it.

I hope your LO is ok.

Oh and for anyone that may be interested, here is info on how to order the stickers.

Thanks for the number, I just called. They said she'll be fine, since it's baby soap it may just cause stomach upset or irritation in her mouth.

Thanks for updating us. Glad to know she'll be okay.

I've had to call poison control twice, once for each boy.

FYI- miracle grow is not poisonious and neither are the tiny purple berries that grow on the shrub outside our neighbors house.:thumbsup2

Thanks for updating us. Glad to know she'll be okay.

I've had to call poison control twice, once for each boy.

FYI- miracle grow is not poisonious and neither are the tiny purple berries that grow on the shrub outside our neighbors house.:thumbsup2

I have called PCC at least once for each child and at least 4 times for the dog:headache:

Just so you know, if your kid decided to uproot your African violet and suck the dirt off the roots, it won't kill them:rolleyes1

Glad your DD is fine:goodvibes . Cat treats and deodorant used as toothpaste aren't toxic either, just sayin:rolleyes1

Glad she's ok! Hey, if it makes you feel any better, my DD13mo put a whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet, and by the time I was able to fish it out, she was right back in the toilet, splashing away! :lmao:

Ahhh, one year olds...

(Yes, I did wash her up!)

Thanks guys, I needed that! Mine likes to play in the toilet too...she unrolled the entire roll of toilet paper, then shredded it all over the bathroom, then wet it with water from the toilet...that was a hard mess to clean up!

hahaha sounds like my kids....

My youngest has eaten all sorts of things - a tube of lipstick - twice!, he sprayed febreeze in his mouth once, sprayed rubbing alcohol in his mouth, he's eaten crayola tub color tablet things LOL

and the scariest - my grandmother with dementia dropped a pill and he got it - it was marinol which is marijuana in a pill - he was HIGH! It was really scary at the time and we spent the night at the hospital just in case. Looking back, its kinda funny. It's been over a year since it happen. Grandma now lives in assisted living so we don't worry about that happening anymore but man.....

Poison Control is on speed dial on my cell and house phone LOLOLOL....

We were camping on an island in the "wilds" of Canada, an hour away from a hospital! Around the campfire one night DD4 (now DD6) popped the end off of her glow stick and drank the contents! I had to call information in OHIO to get the number for poison control. Who knew cell phones had such good reception!?

Anyway, PCC said it was non-toxix, just to watch her. Well a few days later it "worked" its way out of her system. She came flying out of the bathroom to let us know her "poop was glowing"! And it was!

We were camping on an island in the "wilds" of Canada, an hour away from a hospital! Around the campfire one night DD4 (now DD6) popped the end off of her glow stick and drank the contents! I had to call information in OHIO to get the number for poison control. Who knew cell phones had such good reception!?

Anyway, PCC said it was non-toxix, just to watch her. Well a few days later it "worked" its way out of her system. She came flying out of the bathroom to let us know her "poop was glowing"! And it was!

Ifeel really bad for this ...but I'm LMAO:lmao: at this thread. I hope to never have one of these story, but probably will some day.

Crayons are the worst! I got freaked out because my sons poop was blue once and i couldn't figure out why! I called the doctor and they asked if he was around crayons! turns out he found one of his sisters crayons! then there was the time he put the box of spaghetti in the washer! i had no idea and turned it on to wash clothes! then it started to overflow. it was nasty and we had to clean it all out. spaghetti was stuck everywhere in the washer! gotta love kids! we still laugh about that one!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earboy2: :earboy2:

I feel you, my 13 month old has me running circles to keep him out of everything :upsidedow ! FYI, A&D ointment is non-toxic, but definitely helps to lube things up if you know what I mean :scared1: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter