• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: My 1 yr. old just drank soap!

Okay....I'll add two to the books :) My oldest once opened the fridge (days before fridge locks) and cracked 18 eggs on the kitchen floor. I heard him crying and went to see what was wrong and he couldn't stand up, kept falling down because the eggs were slippery LOL That took FOREVER to clean up.

Oh and those little packets of Silica gel that come in everything....well those aren't poison either!!! Why they put such drastic warnings on the outside of those packages I'll never know. Actually I do know....it's because they soak up moisture and they can choke on them because of that. Still....just about gave me a HEART ATTACK!!!

OMG....Im laughing so hard at some of these...we've all been there!!:lmao: Evidentally crickets and mulch are okay for babies too..my oldest fed the baby those a couple of years ago and he was fine. I came around the corner to find bug legs hanging out of the babies mouth in his exersaucer...got to love siblings!!!!:lovestruc

Are bubbles coming out of her mouth when she talks or burps -- LOL !!!! At least she'll be clean from the inside out --- LOL again

Tiny Bubbles .....

Well if it makes you feel any better I caught mine sucking on the dish sponge in the bottom of the sink. Isn't that great? She's our handful. I tell everyone she was born with suction cups on the bottom of her hands and feet. They're invisible to the naked eye but very good at scaling heights, including the kitchen counters, chainlink fences, department store displays, dressers..............:sad2:

Oh and dawn dishsoap and baking soda are a great "shampoo" when you need it... A&D, aquaphor, vaseline...she likes variety!

Glycerin suppositories are not toxic either - even if they go in the wrong end! Oh, the things I never thought I'd have to say before I became a mother . . .

I'm glad your DD is ok!

I OD'd my DS9 on Delsym (cough syrup) when he was 4:scared1: . I didn't read the bottle correctly, and gave him 2x the dose I should have. Called poison control and they said he'd be fine, but would probably sleep very well that night!:lmao:

My cousin was 'being helpful' after her mom said the dog stunk. She filled the glass from the bathroom and dumped it on the dog, then she held him down and sprayed him with mom's expensive perfume. She was caught at the point of trying to put lipstick on the poor creature. Her answer 'I was giving the doggy a spa!":rotfl2:

My oldest at the age of 3 taught me that you can drink an entire bottle of nail polish and it will not hurt you. Although it contains a lot of bad things, it doesn't contain enough of any ONE thing to do any damage. Also you can drink a fairly decent amount of Clean N Clear as well....

My oldest got into my stomach medicine when he was about 18 mos. old. It didn't hurt him but for two days his farts smelled like peppermint. :rotfl:

I'm definitely getting a good giggle (and a handful of knowledge!) from this thread. Ahhh, being a mom...

Oh boy, these are funny stories! DD will be 6 in Nov and knock on wood nothing consumed questionable yet, that I know of. SHe did discover scissors at age 3 though! Came running into kitchen "mommy don't I look like a princess?" I just burst into tears! It was the day before we going to see Santa! Why my child had to cut into the hairline on each side of her head is beyong me! It was just awful, but I have cute pouty pictures of her getting it fixed at the hair salon! I could not resist taking some blackmail pics for those teenage years!

Oh boy, these are funny stories! DD will be 6 in Nov and knock on wood nothing consumed questionable yet, that I know of. SHe did discover scissors at age 3 though! Came running into kitchen "mommy don't I look like a princess?" I just burst into tears! It was the day before we going to see Santa! Why my child had to cut into the hairline on each side of her head is beyong me! It was just awful, but I have cute pouty pictures of her getting it fixed at the hair salon! I could not resist taking some blackmail pics for those teenage years!

:rotfl2: ....my son was 4 when he found the scissors. He had taken a piece of gum out of our candy bowl without permission, chewed it, and somehow got it in his hair. I went up to use the bathroom and noticed red hair all over the sink. Hmmmm....my first thought was Matthew!:idea: I asked him "Did you cut your hair?" No, Mama! Yeah right....a big 'ol hunk of hair was missing from the crown of his head! Later, when forced to tell the truth, he told me that he got gum in his hair and he was afraid he'd get into trouble. Well, not only did he get into trouble for cutting his hair, but he got into trouble for sneaking the gum AND lying!!:rotfl:

He's now 9 and loves hearing stories about things he did! He got into SO much stuff. It must be a second child thing, because my oldest, who is now 13, was a perfect angel!! He never got into anything!!

I was at a get together with other moms and tots and one of the little ones ate a glade air freshener :confused3

The best was that one of the other moms was able to say "I've already called Poison Control and they're not poisonous" :rotfl2:

Apperntly soap is pretty much ok. The liitle boy my mom babysat when I was in my early teens once ate most of a bar of Ivory on a dare from my sister who was 4 at the time. He lived in the bathroom for like 2 days!

:rotfl2: ....my son was 4 when he found the scissors. He had taken a piece of gum out of our candy bowl without permission, chewed it, and somehow got it in his hair. I went up to use the bathroom and noticed red hair all over the sink. Hmmmm....my first thought was Matthew!:idea: I asked him "Did you cut your hair?" No, Mama! Yeah right....a big 'ol hunk of hair was missing from the crown of his head! Later, when forced to tell the truth, he told me that he got gum in his hair and he was afraid he'd get into trouble. Well, not only did he get into trouble for cutting his hair, but he got into trouble for sneaking the gum AND lying!!:rotfl:

He's now 9 and loves hearing stories about things he did! He got into SO much stuff. It must be a second child thing, because my oldest, who is now 13, was a perfect angel!! He never got into anything!!

See and I always thought it was a THIRD kid thing LMAO

I found one of my dd's, at the age of 2, with a dead hermit crab in her mouth...:scared1:

Haven't tried it but somone who did said they fried those but it upsets your stomach if you drink water with it.

All of my children loved cat food. My crazy bf wanted to know why all the kids ate it so he tried it and said it tasted like biscuits. :lmao:

Glad she'll be ok! ;) I drank Sun Light dish soap when I was little. I will NEVER do that again, it tastes horrible! I also stuffed styrofoam beads up my nose and my porr mother had to take me to the ER for that. My sister ate poop from her diaper (I'm sure she'll appreciate me sharing that) :lmao: and my friend's son recently stuffed green Pop Rocks up his nose :confused3 ....the things kids do....:rotfl:
I think it's something we all need to experience to pass Parenting 101.

Hope she feels better soon!!!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter