OT- My DD just lost her 1st. tooth

TheDizMom

DIS Veteran
This of course is no great feet as it happens every day, but it is so bittersweet for me. She is my youngest and when she started kindergarten this year I was hard pressed not to cry and now she has lost her first tooth:sad: . It has just really hit home that she is really become a big girl now. How did that happen so fast :confused: ? Basically she is loosing her first tooth just as I am turning 40:rolleyes: and it is really making me feel old. I can't believe that 40 doesn't phase me one bit, but my daughter loosing her first tooth is killing me :lmao: Am I loosing it here or what :confused3 . I think the answer here would be one big fat yes ::yes:: Someone please make me feel better :sick: !

Oh, you are not losing it! :hug: I know how you feel, sort of. Except it's with my oldest instead of my youngest. She went to kindergarten round up a few weeks ago, and I was at the parents meeting holding back tears! For so long, she was my only and we are so close! I have also been a stay at home mom with her, so that makes it that much harder to know that next year she will be gone from me 5 days a week from 8:30 to 3:30....oh no, I am going to cry again! Oh, and there is also an ad on for mother's day that show a little girl walking with her mom. She keeps growing up as they walk and soon she turns into the mom and the mom into the grandma. I also cry at that. My husband thinks I'm a loon! :lmao:

I have only one child, dd10, and I always thought I was just a weepy one because she's all I have. Anyway, I cried when she went to nursery school at 3 years old (only 2 mornings per week, and she said, "Is preschool over already?!" when I went to pick her up), and I cried again when she went to kdg. Now, I cry whenever I see commercials about kids growing up, or when I hear songs about kids growing up, or pretty much whenever I THINK about her growing up! Not that I haven't enjoyed each age, and I'm looking forward to us being friends as she becomes an adult, but...I completely understand what you're going through (Oh, and by the way, 40 didn't hit me as hard as watching the school bus drive away on the first day of kdg.).

Hang in there, and know you're not alone! ;)

Mine just lost her first tooth too, a few weeks ago. Every time I see her, I think she gets bigger and bigger. I'm getting the baby bug again, everytime I see a baby, I think, boy it would be nice to have a little one again..
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter