OT: need hearing aid advice!?!

Earstou

DIS Veteran
Found out this week that I need hearing aids, and I don't know a thing about them!! How does one get a good education about hearing aids?? Do I just rely on the audiologist and go with what he recommends? He suggested one that runs $1500, so $3000 for the pair. A friend told me that was on the high side. Haven't checked insurance yet, but have been told it won't cover any of it. We are on a tight budget, so I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing.
Any advice?

My dd wears hearing aids. $1500 each is actually the cheapest I've seen them. Our insurance doesn't cover them either. Be sure to ask though. Sometimes they will cover a portion of the cost for adults. Ask your audiologist about financing. It's worth a shot. Your audiologist is the best person to recommend the type of hearing aid that is best for you. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply!!!! :goodvibes
No financing available, but I was able to purchase just one, and will purchase the other in a couple of months.
Now to get used to wearing it!! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter