OT: Sccoter rental in MN?

cupcake

Mouseketeer
Sorry for my long absence, things have been very hectic at work and we have been spending a lot of time with my mom helping with her home (she is going to be moving). Sue, I hope you can help!! My husband has a business trip to Minneapolis in September. We will be staying across the street from the Mall of America and I need to rent a scooter. Scootaround just quoted me $185 for three days!! That seems really excessive given what I have paid at WDW and elsewhere. I can't seem to find any local companies hunting around on Google.

Any info about other rental options would be very greatly appreciated.

:wave: Cupcake

I also live in MN. as far as I know, there maybe a few rental companies, but I do not have any experience with any. I do know that the Mall of America does have them to rent while at the mall. ( I use to work there for 4 yrs) I can ask around and see what I come up with, see if any of the therapists I work with know of any rental companies. I work in a hospital in the PT/OT area, I do paperwork for the therapists.

Cupcake,
Call Mike Devriss at Reliable medical. Their number is 763-566-4060
Tell him that Peg and Rob sent you and he can give you a decent rate.

I've heard good things about Reliable.

We have dealt with Metro Medical for buying wheelchairs, but not for renting anything. The only reason we stopped using them was that our insurance had a contract with another company :sad1:
There are only 3 companies listed on the Minneapolis Visitor site for ecv rental; Reliable, Metro Medical and Scootaround.
You may find that the prices are higher in general in Minneapolis than in Florida because there is more competition in Florida, whcih tends to keep the prices lower.

I got a list from one of the therapists at work.
there are 4 companies that they found that rent scooters.
the one that is the closest to the Mall of america area is Metro Medical. they are $175 for a week.
Reliable is the same price for a week.
Allina Home Oxygen and Med Equip is $100 for the week.
APA is $100 for the weekend.
I Have the phone numbers of all the places if you would like them. the only one that says anything about delivery is reliable. the $175 includes delivery.

It seems like everyone in Minneapolis rents by the week and not the day but I need four days so the weekly rate is fine. I really appreciate everyone's help! I think we will go with Reliable, which is $125 incl. delivery, but it is great to have a fall back should something not work out.

Thanks again! I am looking forward to our trip now!

:wave: Cupcake

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter