• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - Tommee Tippee bottles, any experience?

katied

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
We are working to get ready for the arrival of our second child. I will be BF, but will return to work when baby is almost 3 months old. At BRU yesterday, we were looking at the Tommee Tippee bottles. Does anyone have any experience with these? If so, I welcome any thoughts (esp. from other BF'ing moms who pump and use bottles while at work).

Thanks

I didn't use their bottles but I do use their sippy cups and my son is still nursing. I used Nuby brand bottles for DS when I was at work and he didn't have any problems.

Good luck! I wouldn't buy too many just in case he doesn't like them.

my 5 month old is EBF and on the occasion i need to go out, i use those bottles. they were not around when mt ds was her age and i tried every bottle out there and he never liked any of them. in my experience, the nipples are extremely close to a breast. i plan on using the sippy cups too. you may have to try a few different ones before you find the one you like best.

I never saw the bottles when my DS was bottle age but I do use the water bottle and the trainer cups now. DS tolerates them (he doesn't really complain about any of the cups we use) and I really like them! They don't leak AT ALL!

I already decided that if I had baby #2 I'd try those.

My nearly BFed 6mo DS goes to daycare 4 days/week, he gets these bottles with BM and has since he was 3mo old. They have worked great! I think their shape is more like "mom" than other brands, and I love the heat sensor in the bottle that lets you know if you have the milk too warm.

I only wish these bottles were around 3 years ago for my DD - she was very picky about bottles and refused several brands before we found one she would take.

I BF but when i pump we use these..my little guys has no problems going back and forth between breast and bottle with these.

Thank you everyone! It looks like we're going to give them a try.

We had such a battle with DS when I returned to work. In the end, he never took a bottle from me (but finally gave in with DH and his nanny). We went thru about 8 different brands, etc.

I'm hoping we'll introduce the bottle a bit earlier this time around and have less issues.

Thank you again.

I haven't personally used these because my daughter wouldn't take a bottle and I didn't know about these in time. I had a friend though who had the same problem that her son wouldn't take a bottle - she tried about 5 or 6 different types. Then she found the Tommee Tippee and it was the one bottle he would accept.

Reviews on these bottles are hard to find as they are new to the market in the US. Just came out in January. Have to say we love the bottles. I thought for sure we would use Avent again, but once I used them I forgot how much they leak. I bought two of these and was hesitant but than after she used them, I went out and purchased a bunch more. They have a great sale on them now.

The nipple part is very soft and unlike any other on the market. I love the colored ones with the designs. As far as the colic ones that are like Dr. Browns, we are not a fan. She takes twice as long to eat when using them and rarely finishes the bottle. I also do not notice a difference and think that the regular anti colic system works fine. Happy we finally found a good bottle. Try it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter