OT: What would you like people to know about children w/ Autism?

mebbradley

Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!
What would you like people to know about children/people with Autism or Asperger's?

My exceptional child class is getting ready to study Autism next week, and I'd love to share with them anything you are willing to share with me.

As a side note, I have Asperger's and Central Auditory Processing Disorder but none of my classmates know this. I'm still debating if I will tell them.

Thanks for all your help!

What would you like people to know about children/people with Autism or Asperger's?

My exceptional child class is getting ready to study Autism next week, and I'd love to share with them anything you are willing to share with me.

As a side note, I have Asperger's and Central Auditory Processing Disorder but none of my classmates know this. I'm still debating if I will tell them.

Thanks for all your help!

My oldest child has Central Audio Processing Disorder. My youngest has Autism.

When I first read the heading I thought "My kids made honor role 1st quarter!"

Probably not the type thing you are looking for.

My oldest said this to a peer about his younger brother. (When he was 12, his brother 11)
"He is wicked smart" "Smarter than most of us"
"He just has a hard time communicating that to others"
"Watch what you say because he will remember it forever"

When I talk to folks about my youngest I tell them If he doesn't have a choice don't give him one. He is very literal. For instance... "Would you like to do you home work?" Well that gives him the option of saying "NOPE nadda no-way":rotfl2:
Teachers have finally figured out that if they are giving him an option it needs to be between 2 things that are desirable for them to get school work done.
How old where you when you found about your CAPD? (If you don't mind me asking)

Good luck with your class!

Thank you for your help!

I don't mind. I was actually 18 when I found out during my freshman year of college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter