Other Options...

That's a shame. I hope this thread isn't shut down. It's been one of the most helpful and informative threads on this board. It's been active for over 10 years!! It covers much more than other options, there are many posts about ABD as well.

Maybe I shouldn’t bump this up but did you notice webmaster shutting down all non-ABD threads?
That's a shame. I hope this thread isn't shut down. It's been one of the most helpful and informative threads on this board. It's been active for over 10 years!! It covers much more than other options, there are many posts about ABD as well.
Kevin created this thread in 2016 (by merging other threads with the now 10-year-old Other Options thread) as the place where we were allowed to discuss other travel options along with ABD. I would hope that means we can keep it.

Sayhello

Maybe I shouldn’t bump this up but did you notice webmaster shutting down all non-ABD threads?
Kevin created this thread in 2016 (by merging other threads with the now 10-year-old Other Options thread) as the place where we were allowed to discuss other travel options along with ABD. I would hope that means we can keep it.

Sayhello
I noticed and hoped it was an April Fool's joke, too. This board has always been a great source of travel information; I am extremely disappointed to see some of those other threads shut down. I hope Dreams will step in and prevent further shutdowns of threads that are extremely helpful to their customers.

I don’t think this particular forum is being limited; I think too many non-ABD related threads were opened when the questions could have been posted here in this thread. They probably should have been merged vs locked.
I have mixed feelings about all of this, but ultimately I accept that this is a business tool and has been very helpful to me re information on ABD travel, and tips on travel in general. We have traveled on Tauck, Viking, AmaWaterways and others-- all great trips-- and all very different. Comparing companies might have some useful purpose but not much, just like hearing complaints about group sizes, cost etc. ABD provides a quality product, but it isn't going to be the right fit for everyone. If I want ABD info I come here first-- mostly helpful; and sometimes a discussion about another travel company did send me exploring to that company's website. So as I say, mixed feelings about the blocking of some threads, but understandable. I would bet comparison discussion can occur, just not under a thread title like "Tauck Tours" or "Thompson " etc!

In 2022 my son wants to do a Danube river cruise for his last cruise as an under 18 rather than a DCL Baltic cruise.. I've looked at Tauck and ABD. The price difference is about 1000. It's not significant enough to not book ABD. What is the difference between the two as far as customer service and cancellations. I know the last two years have not been the norm as far as cancellations go, but I'm hoping things are more normal in 2022.

I just got back from my Classic Journeys Morocco trip if anyone has any questions. It was a great trip with some pluses and minuses traveling right now.
I would very much like to hear your opinion of Classic Journeys. I'm seriously considering a domestic trip with them for this fall, and would love to get your impressions.

Thanks!
Sayhello

I just got back from my Classic Journeys Morocco trip if anyone has any questions. It was a great trip with some pluses and minuses traveling right now.
I have been considering this trip for several years now. I would love to know your impressions. How were the experiences, guides and the quality?
Thanks!

In 2022 my son wants to do a Danube river cruise for his last cruise as an under 18 rather than a DCL Baltic cruise.. I've looked at Tauck and ABD. The price difference is about 1000. It's not significant enough to not book ABD. What is the difference between the two as far as customer service and cancellations. I know the last two years have not been the norm as far as cancellations go, but I'm hoping things are more normal in 2022.

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not - I've traveled with both companies, though not on river cruises (tried to do ABD Rhine last year, but you know how that ended up!!). Tauck was very nice, but I did not feel like we got the personalized service we received from ABD. I will travel with ABD again (and I'm looking forward to it!), whereas, I don't know if I would travel with Tauck again. I will also mention that I looked at doing a river cruise directly through Amawaterways to try to cut ABD costs a bit, but after doing research, I still booked with ABD because of the programming for the kids (my DS is 13 and he was looking forward to eating dinner with peers and NOT his parents, LOL!). If you want to cut costs a little and your son doesn't need the Jr. ABD programming, maybe look into booking directly with Ama? Any way you slice it, I think you are going to have a good experience. All good companies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter