OTHER resale companies

Jaga

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had success at finding DVC resales at resale brokers outside The Timeshare Store and A Timeshare Broker ?

Thanks

I posted a list of other resale companies recently. A few of them actually had DVC listings including WL. I've got a list of maybe 50 resale companies overall but these were the ones that seemed appropriate. ERA Stroman seemed to have the most. I bought my first DVC contract through Stromas and am currently buing a Marriott week through them, as they called yesterday with something I've had them looking for. Most people's experience with them has been mixed but usually fairly positive for the buyer. I did have one deal go south but it wasn't their fault. The seller had to come up with money also for closing but couldn't so the deal fell through after all was signed. He though that he was getting what I offered above and beyond what he owed. Some people are just too ignorant to own timeshares, and I don't mean that in a derrogatory way. Put another way, a fool and their money are soon parted.

Here's the link to a thread a couple of months ago where I listed the ones I though were the best places to try after the big 2. If someone wants my entire list of resales web sites plus my Marriott contacts, I'd be happy to offer them but I'd just copy the list and send you the whole thing. I don't have the time right now to sort it out.

Go here for the list of resale companies.

We left our name and a brief description of what we were looking for with Century 21 Timeshare and Vacation Properties
http://www.timeshareandvacationproperties.com/index.htm
in mid June. We didn't hear anything for about a month (I forgot I even left my request with them) and then on July 20, we got an e-mail asking us if we were interested in 170 points at BWV with all current points for $61.76/ point! We IMMEDIATELY called to say we wanted it (it even has our same use year!) Needless to say, we did NOT offer lower! We are all set now and just waiting for it to close.
The funny thing was, while I was talking with the realtor getting the specifics, our power went out!! Our phone and computer went dead and my husband and I were running around the house in a panic looking for a wired-in phone to call her back to make sure she knew we absolutely wanted it. Do you think it was a sign from God that we were not supposed to buy??!!! NAAH! :D

We left our name and a brief description of what we were looking for with Century 21 Timeshare and Vacation Properties
And that's where we bought the second contract. They can be good to buy from but not to sell through. I believe they are one of the companies that generally require a listing fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter