Other than Windsor Hills, what other gated pool home communities are there?

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
We have just started researching a fall vacation to visit our daughter who is going to UCF. I like the idea of a home/villa with a private pool like Windsor Hills has. Are there other communities like this with private pools and individual homes? I have heard of Encore. Are there others? And by any chance are there any a little closer to UCF? She tells me Windsor Hills would likely be an hour drive for her to get to us. I know there are many homes on VRBO that offer pools but I also like the idea of a gated community with semi resort feel. Thanks for any suggestions!

There are tons of pool home gated communities besides Windsor Hills. Reunion, Emerald Isle, Championsgate, Oak Island, Windsor Palms, Westgate resorts, etc., etc. Just do a google search for the resorts in the area.

However, most are centralized in the Kissimmee area so you may not be able to find too many dedicated vacation resorts that are closer to UCF than Windsor Hills.

A NON gated Community is also safe and there are many of them around

Lots of places ( And a lot cheaper to rent ) are on the Hwy 27 to Hwy I-4 area & Hwy 192

A. K. end to Hwy 27 . Some are now turned into private & short term communities

Linfields , Highlands Resort , Hampton Lakes , Solana , 1000 Oaks and others.

Loads of shopping & eating places nearby

AFAIK, Orange County doesn't allow short-term rentals like VRBO except in limited circumstances. I live in a gated community (with little resort feel 😉) in Orange County, and our Master Declarations (a.k.a. the rules) also don't allow short-term rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter