• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Other things to do at Epcot and Hollywood Studios

DiannaVM

DIS Veteran
So, I am taking the stance that this trip will be one to "smell the roses". Because sounds like crowds will be a bit on the crazy side, I want to make sure we have something or somewhere to go to kinda get away from the crazy crowds trying to get on attractions. So I wanted advice on what other things to see or do at these two parks.

I feel like Epcot has so much more to offer and meanwhile we still always end up doing the same stuff. What should I do to take full advantage of the Showcase? We always seem to rush by most pavilions with the exception of Mexico, Norway and Japan. I know of the movies, but I am looking for something else other than that. We will also be doing Food & Wine, but that can be done as a transition from one thing to the next.

And for Hollywood Studios, DH refuses to do Frozen sing-along again (I love it!) and we've seen the shows several times in the last two years so they are not a priority. And the only attractions I will go on are TSMM and Star Tours, so what else can we do there? I know I definitely want to try out the new bar that just opened...

Thank you for your advice!!!

So, I am taking the stance that this trip will be one to "smell the roses". Because sounds like crowds will be a bit on the crazy side, I want to make sure we have something or somewhere to go to kinda get away from the crazy crowds trying to get on attractions. So I wanted advice on what other things to see or do at these two parks.

I feel like Epcot has so much more to offer and meanwhile we still always end up doing the same stuff. What should I do to take full advantage of the Showcase? We always seem to rush by most pavilions with the exception of Mexico, Norway and Japan. I know of the movies, but I am looking for something else other than that. We will also be doing Food & Wine, but that can be done as a transition from one thing to the next.

And for Hollywood Studios, DH refuses to do Frozen sing-along again (I love it!) and we've seen the shows several times in the last two years so they are not a priority. And the only attractions I will go on are TSMM and Star Tours, so what else can we do there? I know I definitely want to try out the new bar that just opened...

Thank you for your advice!!!

There's the living with the land boatride and the aquarium in future world. I actually enjoy the boatride, it's a nice place to sit and pretty cool to see all the stuff they grow there. I haven't been to the aquarium though (probably going on the next trip).

Take some time to talk to CM's in the various EPCOT countries. They have some pretty interesting stories.

Grab a show schedule and take the time to see the street performers or bands in each country around the world showcase. Take time to interact with "streetmosphere" performers on Hollywood and Sunset Blvds at the Studios.

Capture some great family photos playing dress up in the pavillions (ie, in viking helmets in Norway, in kimonos in Japan, etc). I did this on a trip several years ago, and the cast members were glad to help us.

Behind the seeds tour at The Land is only about $20 and loads of fun if you are interested in growing things. Is it just the two adults or are kids involved? Stop at Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge and have lunch and a few drinks at HS. If you are there during F&W go to the Festival Center and browse around and watch a few of the demos. Walk around the streets at HS and look at all the details in the windows

Maybe look into a tour - I know there is the behind the seeds tour of living with the land - not too pricey. Have you checked out club cool - all the sodas from around the world. I agree with the above PP who mentioned the shows. Sometimes people only catch them just because they happened to be walking by at the time time.

Take your time and explore the pavilions, even those that don't have what you would consider an "attraction" have things to experience.

Back in Morocco the tile work is beautiful and you do get the feeling of walking along a Moroccan street, plus there's an exhibit area that has cultural offerings. In addition to the department store Japan also has an exhibit area and some lovely gardens to walk thru. China has mini-replications of the terracotta warriors. One of my favorite memories is sitting by the fountain in Germany having a pretzel with my Nephew right at dusk, as the exterior lights were coming on... if you are able to slow down you never know where the magic will pop up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter