Our 21 Royal Adventure - The evening is over and TR all wrapped up 8/10, Plus a link to the new TR!

Such a fun night and great crew! The 21 Royal staff were amazing and those Lily Belle's were amazing and I hate gin. LOL
Yes it was! I'm not a fan of gin either and I really liked it too!
The Dream Suite is gorgeous and really think we should be able to sleep there after the big meal!
12 people....3 beds....things could get interesting! :laughing:

x23DL0511R12.jpg
Pretty sure every time I walk past these now, I'm going to be drawn to walk up!

Love this shot, the over shawl part of this dress is so awesome!
I wonder if that's a Royal Dalton over Leonard's shoulder - they were so popular
oh yes please!

I captured a video of one of the effects that happened. You’ll see that later.
Loved this so much!

I believe this was a Berry Gazpacho.
I think so too, it was super fresh tasting, if that makes sense, truly au natural.
The Lily Belle (which was gin based) and I don’t remember the name of the other, but it was Whiskey based. I’m not a fan so I didn’t try that one. I think it was very similar to a Manhattan.
When I heard the description on these babies I knew it was meant to be, I mean I love gin AND Manhattans!
This is an adorable picture, he was a great fellow.

Too bad that this didn't capture that D was wearing his "hidden mickey" Disney tie - those dots are tiny Mickey heads.
Everyone was so interested in checking out the various rooms that hardly anyone was here!
That was indeed the truth! The rooms are so amazing!
Love this picture too, she is SO photogenic unlike me lol

Jenny reminded him that he told her she was the first person to take a selfie in the bathtub, and you will see a follow up of that later in the report
🙈 🙈 :rolleyes1
We had someone in our party and they had a non alcoholic cider for him. They had also paired mocktails for him during the dinner while the rest of us drank wine or spirits.
They did a great job of this from what I could tell 👍
I think Jill and I missed the memo LOL

This was such a beautiful room!!

Now the twinkly lights that you see over the tub were part of the Goodnight Kiss in this room, I had to wait for the Mickey to show up, it’s not always there.
Well now I have to go back, I don't think I saw this!!

This dressing room off the Master Bath was designed with Lillian Disney in mind.

I love that D caught me having a quiet moment here
Second comment on this apparently, but I do need to go back to see this!

Ok this reply is going to be horribly jumbled as apparently I had started doing it, not realized I had done some quoting, and then started again, so apologies on the randomness 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Hello! Another long-time lurker coming out of hiding. I am trying to make it a point to comment on trip reports I am following so everyone knows how much their hard work and time invested is appreciated.
:welcome:

Thank you for commenting! It's so much more fun to write these TRs when people engage with you!
Thank you for documenting your fun adventures so we might travel along with you! I have followed along on quite a few of your trips on land and by sea, and have enjoyed them so much.
I'm glad that you have enjoyed the reports.
You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your wife. Like many others have said, we feel like we knew her through your reports and Fran looked like a special person. May your memories of your time together bring you comfort and peace. I am sure she will always be with you as you continue your adventures, and it sounds like you have some great ones in the works!
Thank you very much for your condolences. I am going to miss her very much. Even continuing on with adventures.

Pretty sure every time I walk past these now, I'm going to be drawn to walk up!
That's pretty much how Jenny, Jill, and I have been since the last time!
Love this shot, the over shawl part of this dress is so awesome!
That was one of the things that totally sold me on it!
I wonder if that's a Royal Dalton over Leonard's shoulder - they were so popular
Like in Mary Poppins Returns?
oh yes please!
Nice one of you!
Loved this so much!
Actually I haven't yet posted the one that I referred to in that quote....next update. It's the clock video, not the master bedrrom.
I think so too, it was super fresh tasting, if that makes sense, truly au natural.
Very nice berry flavor.
When I heard the description on these babies I knew it was meant to be, I mean I love gin AND Manhattans!
Yeah, you like gin and whiskey!
This is an adorable picture, he was a great fellow.
Thank Su-Lynn for that, it's one that I stole from her.
Too bad that this didn't capture that D was wearing his "hidden mickey" Disney tie - those dots are tiny Mickey heads.
The auto focus was on the drink, not the tie.....
That was indeed the truth! The rooms are so amazing!
They really are amazing!
Love this picture too, she is SO photogenic unlike me lol
And she takes great selfies! always look funny and distorted.
They did a great job of this from what I could tell 👍
I think Jill and I missed the memo LOL
I'm not sure what you meant by "missed the memo"
This was such a beautiful room!!
::yes::
Well now I have to go back, I don't think I saw this!!
Well most of us have determined that we want to go back, so you can be on that list too and see it when you go back!
I love that D caught me having a quiet moment here
It's a very nice picture!
Second comment on this apparently, but I do need to go back to see this!
Ok this reply is going to be horribly jumbled as apparently I had started doing it, not realized I had done some quoting, and then started again, so apologies on the randomness 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
That's OK, I understood what you were saying! :thumbsup2

And she takes great selfies! always look funny and distorted.
I always look odd also.
I'm not sure what you meant by "missed the memo"
Just that most people are engaged in whoever is taking the photo and smiling, we are a little missing the mark on that- I feel like I was talking at this moment lol

I had to delete a bunch of duplicate photos which messed with everything 🙄

I always look odd also.
I know what you mean.
Just that most people are engaged in whoever is taking the photo and smiling, we are a little missing the mark on that- I feel like I was talking at this moment lol
I tried to pick the best picture where no one had their eyes shut, or was looking away from the camera. They took so many each time!
I had to delete a bunch of duplicate photos which messed with everything 🙄
I try not to quote photos, it makes it so hard for me to respond with the photos mixed in.

We were welcomed to 21 Royal with a champagne toast and began to explore the unique features of the rooms. I showed you the Master Bedroom. But there was another bedroom decorated in honor of Walt's love of trains. I didn't get a video, but the Goodnight Kiss for this room involves the train riding around a track up near the ceiling, all the way around the room.

x23DL0511R44.jpg

x23DL0511R45.jpg

See this picture on the wall. It was done by Peter Ellenshaw, it’s a rendering of the park. I wanted to say, we have a signed framed copy of it, but I guess it’s just mine now.

x23DL0511R46.jpg

x23DL0511R47.JPG

x23DL0511R47b.jpg

x23DL0511R48.jpg

Just off the train room is this balcony.

x23DL0511R49.jpg

Back in the sitting room, here are a few more pictures.

x23DL0511R51.jpg

x23DL0511R52.jpg

x23DL0511R53.jpg

x23DL0511R54.jpg

This clock began to chime with a very special effect.

x23DL0511R20.jpg

You can watch it here from the link below. As I was shooting this video, you can hear our host inviting us all to the courtyard for something special.

There were two different chefs in charge of our meal. Chef Gloria Tae was the executive chef in charge of our menu. But first Chef Todd Collier was going to be serving us Chicken Satay cooked on hot stones.

x23DL0511R56.jpg

x23DL0511R57a.jpg

x23DL0511R58.jpg

x23DL0511R59.jpg

Pretty soon we would be seated for dinner in this gorgeous dining room.

x23DL0511R61.jpg

And I believe at this point I took a bio break, and while I was MIA everyone was let into the dining room. I stopped to get one of my signature cocktails before sitting down.

x23DL0511R60.jpg

When I arrived in the dining room, everyone was waiting for me. I asked if they would take a group picture of us.

x23DL0511R62.jpg

And then it was pointed out that the picture was being taken into the sun, so we took another one from the other direction.

x23DL0511R63.jpg

I realize now that the picture I showed you earlier was not from the beginning of the evening, but from later when we took a break, because these chargers are not on the table. Then I was going to substitute my picture from the first trip to 21 Royal, but the flowers in the center are different! :laughing: First World problems!

x23DL0511R64.jpg

I think I’ll wrap this one up here, up next, dinner begins!

there was another bedroom decorated in honor of Walt's love of trains
I love this. :)
I didn't get a video, but the Goodnight Kiss for this room involves the train riding around a track up near the ceiling, all the way around the room.
So cool!

I now have a new life goal! :laughing:
I wanted to say, we have a signed framed copy of it, but I guess it’s just mine now.
:hug:
Pretty view!
I'm not going to comment on every single photo, but... beautiful!
Neuschwanstein!
As I was shooting this video, you can hear our host inviting us all to the courtyard for something special.
I love your reaction. Like "Okay... I'm kinda taking a video and you just ruined it, but thanks."
But first Chef Todd Collier was going to be serving us Chicken Satay cooked on hot stones.
I've done that. :)
Not Satay chicken, but other meats. First time I had it was at an acquaintance's home. He served marinated elk.
Breathtaking!
I stopped to get one of my signature cocktails before sitting down.
Gonna go out on a limb here. And this is purely a guess. But gonna say... there's no gin in that.

:rolleyes1
And then it was pointed out that the picture was being taken into the sun, so we took another one from the other direction.
Who pointed that out? A guest or the CM?
And... prefer the second shot. :)
I think I’ll wrap this one up here, up next, dinner begins!
Can't wait to see what was served and what you thought of it!

The chicken satay was divine! Great way to start off the gluttony!

Jill in CO

I love this. :)
So cool!

I now have a new life goal! :laughing:
There you go!
I'm not going to comment on every single photo, but... beautiful!
Every room in that suite is beautiful!
Neuschwanstein!
I love your reaction. Like "Okay... I'm kinda taking a video and you just ruined it, but thanks."
Exactly! :laughing:
I've done that. :)
Not Satay chicken, but other meats. First time I had it was at an acquaintance's home. He served marinated elk.
I've only heard of it before, it was neat to see it in action.
Gonna go out on a limb here. And this is purely a guess. But gonna say... there's no gin in that.

:rolleyes1
Nope, I believe it was a Ketel One Gibson Up...either that or Gray Goose.
Who pointed that out? A guest or the CM?
And... prefer the second shot. :)
No, it was actually Su-Lynn. There's a reason her pictures are so good.
Can't wait to see what was served and what you thought of it!
I'll give you a spoiler, it was FANTASTIC!

There you go!
I may or may not have just been looking at O scale model trains...

:rolleyes2
Every room in that suite is beautiful!
Sure looks it!
Nope, I believe it was a Ketel One Gibson Up...either that or Gray Goose.
I know. ;)

(Or at least I knew it was a vodka Gibson, not necessarily the brand of vodka. :))
No, it was actually Su-Lynn. There's a reason her pictures are so good.
Ah!
I'll give you a spoiler, it was FANTASTIC!
Oh boy! Can't wait to hear all about it!

but the Goodnight Kiss for this room involves the train riding around a track up near the ceiling, all the way around the room.
It was so fun! Loved that train!
I wanted to say, we have a signed framed copy of it, but I guess it’s just mine now.
Did Fran pick it out?
I feel like the horse in this picture moved- I will have to take a look at my videos

x23DL0511R49.jpg

I love this pic, thanks for including it!

x23DL0511R51.jpg
This sitting room was always kept in this state- any drink glass/napkin/dish was immediately swept away if I recall 👌
D loved this castle picture and I the horse 🎠
But first Chef Todd Collier was going to be serving us Chicken Satay cooked on hot stones.
Chef Todd had a really nice, fun personality, I enjoyed talking with hi,.
She's a beauty indeed, I need to go back and see more of the detail.

I stopped to get one of my signature cocktails before sitting down.
Smart cookie you are, and you had to have one of your fav indeed 🍸
so much beauty in this room!
but the flowers in the center are different! :laughing: First World problems!
Ok, now I need to see a picture of them please 🙏
What happens at Disney, stays at Disney!
Yes indeed! ;)

That dining room is absolutely stunning!!! I like that you got two photos - I know it was because the first one was in the sun but it really gives a good perspective from both angles.
So for the cost is everything included? All the food obviously, but all the drinks too? And the transportation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter