Our budget bonus easter trip DAY 1/2/3/4/5

stargatebarbie

<font color=blue>There must be more than this prov
So once up on a time one cold febuary morning my DD said hey mum do you know mega bus goes to Paris and you can use Tesco vouchers and i have my 16th birthday money lets go back to Disney oh and can I bring a friend
So next thing you know we are booked

Tickets £0 got annual passes from July (will get DD friend one from ce multi)
train to London £23 per person
mega bus £36 per person return less £40 in tesco vouchers
3 nights serris sejours affaires apartments val d europe £159

Cast
Me (49,not long till cough 50 in may) 9th trip
DD 16 yrs 8th trip
DDF 15 yrs 2nd trip

WARNING NO CHARACTER MEET AND GREETS ON THIS TRIP ITS NOT COOL
TOAL RIDES 48 ,4 PARADES and 3 SHOWS

DAY 1/2 april 1st and 2nd

All packed and ready to go its amazing how many jumpers you can fit into one tiny case i wanted to be prepared for anything:thumbsup2
So caught the 3pm train from hull to London kings cross arriving at 6pm and took the tube across to Victoria station ,been a huge wicked fan i knew there was a wetherspoons pub near the theater but it was heaving I ask a couple if we could share there share their table and the chap very rudely said NO!!NOT REALLY ok then only asking:eek: off to macky d,s then it was

Found the coach station at Victoria and checked in for our bus a bit like the airport but much less glamorous
we left dead on time for the 2hr trip to dover so got a bit of sleep i had a space next to me so i could spread out the girls sat together big mixture of folk and nationallites on bus couples back packers family's with small kids

Ferry was late in and late out and it was a rough crossing so we made a mental not to take travel pills on way back
Over into france for 4 trip to paris stopping at boulonge for new driver

With the ferry late we hit early morning rush hourin paris but after a lot of horn bleeping we got to porte malliot car park
our helpful driver pointed in the direction of the metro round the corner we followed the backpackers we talked to and got tickets for metro and rer to disney ¬7.40 each followed the signs and did the journey in a hour :thumbsup2
just two stops on metro change at charles de gaulle etoille and on to red rer line to chessy yeh did it :cool1:
As we couldnt check in to our apartments till 3pm we put our bags at chessy in the lockers a nice helpful man showed us what to do it was ¬9.50 and we got all 3 cases in and a holdall which was prob cheaper than disney as they charge per bag

So by 10.30am we made it here it was cold but bright so we took these well you have to dont you :wizard:
a497iOql.jpg

IRKSU3Ul.jpg

mF8itFJl.jpg

DVBDSHRl.jpg

Our tradtion is get fast pass for big thunder mountain and then do pirates of the carribean and this was walk on yeh we are here :banana:
checked the passport office to DDF annual pass and was in and out in 10 mins which was a far cry from last july when we waited over a hour

Used our fast pass for big thunder mountain yeh ha
then off into discovery land got fast pass for buzz and did star tours
Bit hungry now so went to look for food no i have to point out her that DDf is a veggie and when you are not used to this its hard i knew colonel hathis did pasta so we went there we had lasange and she had pasta 11.99¬ ess AP discount also got magums brrrrrrrrr cold lol

Time for check in so took the free pep num 50 bus to val de europe and got off at the elysee hotel(on no occasion when using the free bus where we asked for anything to show where we where staying )
stopped off at the supermarket for bread,milk fruit and the biggest box of croissants and choc au pain for 4,95¬
8I5kuj5l.jpg

our apartments where 200 yrs from elysee and check in was pleasant and easy we where given roon 106 on first floor near lift
room was more than adequate and clean
few pics but will do seperate thread later as i have video as well
JPv1gzol.jpg

ir0CrUwl.jpg

o47L9Bvl.jpg

ZeAUAXpl.jpg

I wanted to stay a while but girls wanted to go back to parks so by 5pm we where back and just strolled up to a great spot in fantasyland near pink towers behind two buggies to watch the parade
Then did Small world and got fast pass for big thunder mountain and did pirates of the carribean and met this strange man who was just going so did a big group shot
Xdf8AT2l.jpg

after our ride on big thunder mountain we got the 9pm bus back to SLEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Extra magic hours for us (8am -10am) this morning so as the bus didn't start till 9am we went to the station to get the train we were doing well with the ticket machine until it came to station name we looked for chessy but a nice man helped us and pressed D for Disney :rotfl2:we got a book of ten tickets for 14¬ you really dont have time to sit down before you get off i timed it at 4mins also loved how all the people on the other side of the platform were off to work and we where not :rotfl2:
Y8FzENul.jpg

As we are big girls we sneaked our rides in fantasyland did Peter pan ,Dumbo>tea cups
6PFZtO2l.jpg

I love the park in Extra magic hours
BS1Q40Sl.jpg

KISN22Al.jpg

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/2OLpP7I)
QIRm7n9l.jpg

RAPUNZEL was out early sporting a new look
OetpxxFl.jpg

then we did buzz and the girls not me did space mountain

We left to get to the studios for 9.30
and ran to get on crush,s coaster we were on and off by 10am it really is the only way to do this ride

got a fast pass for later for tower of terror i got one at 10am the fast pass seem to run out between 12 and 1pm each day so it was hard to get another ride in :confused3

parachutes had a 10min queue so went on those and girls went on RC racer (singel rider queue) 5mins)not me (but watch this space:confused3)

we went to the stunt show and ate our pack up as we watched it was cold sat there ,its funny *** in the summer we use it to find shade :beach::rotfl2:
czICmzhl.jpg

used our tower of terror fast pass love this

watched stars and their cars just stood about 10mins to get place
2cXbTatl.jpg

HxU4ME3l.jpg

looked in some shops and the girls did Rock and Roller coaster now every time they rode the music was off which spoils it they said as you are supposed to be in a music video and they do call it by aerosmith if they can do dreams why cant hey fix this simple.s surely (and dont call me shirley)

went in cinemagique to get warm

Hungry now so went off to the village to get earl of sandwhich my fav hawian bbq mmmmm
NNOzyLil.jpg

Back to the main park and got Fast pass for Big thunder mountain and did pirates of the carribean again passed by snow white and saw hardly any queue so jumped on boy is this scary we all agreed that we dont like tree,s laughing at us:scared1::rotfl2:
girls did Iindana jones 10 min wait and Phantom manor we got lucky then as big thunder mountain must of broke and they were just letting people back on so managed to do walk on in main queue and then ride with our Fast pass result:cool1:

This was our night to watch dreams so grabed a nice treat at the cable car shop

E2VEHMVl.jpg

had a play in shops
gN3T1qPl.jpg

we got a nice spot for dreams in front of the control building and sat on the water fountains which by the way none were working anywhere not one

DREAMS WAS FAB esp like the new scenes esp Brave my poor atemp at a pic
baa3Vltl.jpg

Didnt chance the bus as there is only one every half hour and they are smaller than the hotel buses so hopped on the train and was in bed for 10.20 tired yet happy

this is a great trip report :goodvibes - it doesn't seem to be that busy either, or were you in the right places at the right time?

Great trip report! Looking forward to reading the rest! And of course seeing more pics! :D

I'm guessing the photos make it look deceptively sunny and warm ;)
I shall be the total opposite of you in July having never done a summer trip before. The Stunt Show is usually where we huddle together sat on my wooly scarf, get the hot chocolate out and pass the hand warmers around. lol

Seems like you got a lot done without too many queues, EMH is fab for photos and it's great to be first in the park :thumbsup2

The big question is would you travel that way again ? Have done coach trips before and don't think I could be persuaded back on one but the Megabus price is tempting :-/

So another day and more Extra magic hours for us today it was really cold this morning so i think everyone was in bed and we were the 2nd family in the park ,the cm asked a little girl to help him open up and she was first in her little face bless however we overtook them :rotfl2:and we were first IN OMG LOOK

1mzyL1el.jpg

JNDJQBml.jpg

OP9daATl.jpg

OP9daATl.jpg

did our usual Peter pan Dumbo who had ice on his ears brrrr and had the carrousel to ourselfs as well

followed with Space Mountain and Buzz

studios again today as well for crush 0n and off again by 10am
we did
tram tour walk on.rock &roller coaster, rc racer ,animagique,and TOT
it was really cold so headed back to the main park as there are more places in doors and we went to gibson girl parlour for warm drinks (oh i did get a few free drinks vouchers with our meals and drinks)
we did Pirates of the carribean , INDY ,Big thunder mountain and Molly brown(paddle boat) and sat inside a cosy bit of the boat

culFaOvl.jpg

Had tea a belle notre pizza and caught the parade as we left we were tired and cold now so left at 6pm and were all asleep by 8pm :grouphug:

HHAtm1bl.jpg

eGKp0Iil.jpg

the inside cabins on the Molly Brown are my favourite bits in the cold :).

Last day in parks :(we had packed most things away so checked out and went to put or cases in the station lockers again (knowing how to do it now ) We felt good due to all that sleep and as we usually y do a character breakfast as a treat but the girls didnt thnk it cool we decided to try the Disneyland hotel breakfast good choice we went for around 9 and where shown to the pay desk and seated near a window near where the food was all spread out out mmm our coffe was pored while i wondered how to get a set of the tinkerbell plates in my bag huge selection here Continental, hot food including pancakes , loads you could even order fried eggs and omlettes it was 16¬ minus AP discount and really worth it as i think our breakfast in aparts was 7 or 8 ¬

4dvrYatl.jpg

12l9ARnl.jpg

leSsXKOl.jpg

uCo4SNul.jpg

NzXelP6l.jpg

we also had a good wander around i know why its so expensive in here they had the heating way up boiling
SxQHqIgl.jpg

xsBVY5Il.jpg

iWqWuual.jpg

Really stuffed full oh and a couple of yogurt drinks and bits of fruit had fallen in to our bags for later we went off to the studios
we wanted a ride on Tower of terror so got a fast pass the girls then persuaded me to go on RC RACER !!! so i did we got sat at the front was weeing myself and guess what I LOVED it
Armageden was open so did that still crap
was still pumped by RC so went on again and sat at the back even better

finished with our Tower of terror fass pass ,there was one child on it she was dressed as cinderella and i commented to her mum she was really brave she was only around 5 when the ride stopped she was asked what she thought and just said as a matter of fact '' well i was a bit shocked'' her mum however had held on so tight that she had stuck her nails into the little girl and made the childs finger bleed so i offered her a plaster :hippie:

Had a lot to do so back to the park we walked past a poor sad little bear with no queue

zji3NEKl.jpg

Got a fast pass for BTM girls went off to do PM i just sat and watched the world go by for a while
GJdabLnl.jpg

MdpgBnQl.jpg

Girls did alices maze and i had a sit as i was feeling the pace now i did notice that princess pavallion was a 75 mi wait :scared1: wish DLP would sort this out as i think its unacceptable to make little girls wait like this dont know the answer but in WDW it looks better setup

had tea in chalet de la marionnette it wasnt busy but took ages to get food,the girls had hatched a crazy plan to watch parade bty small world and then as last float went buy to leg it up the arcade before it got there and go to studios and grab a last few rides OK !!!!

well we made it and they did Rock &Roller coaster ,we did RC racer and took the very last lift of the day on the tower of terror they closed the doors and locked us in the foyer and when our lift went it left hjust a party of two to ride omg i bet they were freaked
OEiW7pYl.jpg

s6dEkBDl.jpg

Last out of the studios

oNYAXz5l.jpg

This just left time for one last ride on Big thunder mountain which by tradition is always our last ride
time for shopping like i said it was a budget trip and i did by lots last yr so i got a new jacket as my old one i wear all the time and a mug ,magnet and a pen .also got a pin for a friend who is in california DD bought a ham money box as she is tight
so that was it home time off to collect bags and say bye to disney
S8qhD70l.jpg

mttEzSWl.jpg

Jtc9h5tl.jpg

mFxPTSTl.jpg

We left the parks around 8.30 and got the rer into paris got a little lost on the metro it was getting late so panicked a bit but a nice american couple put us back on track had some loud american girls back on the bus home and i sat next to a nice young man who had been climbing in the mountains took travel pills so was ok for ferry and was back in london at 7,30 an and had a nice fry up at a cfe near kings croSs train to hull and h yes SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my final thoughts
IM I DISNEYED OUT
yes but ask me again in a month or so :rotfl2:

WOULD I DO MEGA BUS AGAIN ?
yes if the price is right but do the day one ,or was 19 again

WOULD I USE APARTMENTS AGAIN ?
yes really fine for our needs as long as i get break fast at DLH

So you can do DLP cheap i did speak to a family who had spent £3500 on 4 days in DLH my hubby would die so it will be a hot holiday for us all next year

And the amount of people who didnt know about fast pass or grasp the ideas was scary one chap stoped me in as i flew pass him in the BTM queue and asked how much he had tp pay the look ohis face was priceless as i explained

so there it is our first ever cold trip to DLP i still cant believe i was photo,ed wearing a hat but it was dry and we had a great time thanks for reading ,im also going to do a separate thread on apartments and val de Europe with a video of the rooms

OH AND BY THE WAY THE GIRLS AGREED TO THIS PHOTO

90ADdpB.jpg

we went to gibson girl parlour for warm drinks (oh i did get a few free drinks vouchers with our meals and drinks)

We did this a lot on our trip, too!

Great trip report :).

I think you should of warned me to get a coffee before i read this :rotfl:

What a fantastic trip report, looked like you had the place to yourselves a lot of the time and that is priceless :goodvibes

Earl of sandwhich pic made my mouth water, but i dont think i will do the mega bus you are extremely brave :worship:

Cant wait to see the video of the appartments we are staying in July :lovestruc

Brilliant trip report with some really lovely photos! Love that you liked rc.....he is now one of my favorite rides! The apartments sound lovely and the bus not too bad! You were brave to give it a go!!! :-D

Great trippie, and even more so as Serris Sejours Affaires Apartments Val d'Europe will be our home for 4 nights in just 41 days! Must try to get an empty Main Street, U.S.A. photo, but during half term I fear it will be a lot more difficult.

nervous now as a few people have booked the apartments on the back of my rewiew:scared: However I am looking forward to my cheque for the commission :rotfl2::rotfl2: I think we may see a trend towards off site due to the climate and Disney literally taking the mickey with prices :eek:

Great trip report :thumbsup2

You made me laugh out loud at the pressing 'D' for Disney at the train station :rotfl::rotfl:

Well done with the Mega Bus and the cold, you poor things looked frozen :worship:

Love your EMH photos, they alone are priceless :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter