Our building is possessed......

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
..... and I'm saying that only partly "tongue in cheek".

First, some history. Last fall, DH and I bought a 100 yr old commercial building for my candy kitchen with two rental units. One of the units is a great upstairs apt. with oak floors, beveled glass french doors, etc.... We have spent 15+ hours per week in re-doing the plaster walls, painting, repairing floors, etc.... since last November. We have had nothing but problems, wierd spots, and trouble at every turn. Our most recent debacle was weather related. After spending over 80 hours texturing & repairing the ceilings, we had wind damage to the roof and now have leaks & interior damage. One ceiling has to be completely torn out and a new one put up. At least insurance will cover all that!

We are at the end of the renovation and I went in today to spongepaint one of the rooms. (The old plaster will look much better with a little color/texture.) The oak floors have just been professionally re-done and I'm being very, very careful with the paint. I had a heavy drop cloth and made sure that the paint tray was securely fastened to the ladder.

I did one wall and was standing back about 10 feet from the ladder, evaluating my progress, when I am horrified to see the paint tray come loose and catapault to the floor.

Now, this is not just a simple drop. It actually turns over as it falls, much like a cartwheel, spraying paint all over the room. At 10 feet away, I get sprayed, too! The brick fireplace, the newly done wood floors, ...... everything but the walls that needed the paint. It was like one of those TV commercials of a homeowner's worst nightmare. I just stood there in horror, mouth wide open, not believing the disaster!

It took me 2 hours to get the paint up. My arthritis and bursitis are killing me now. I wasted the entire day.

.....and I don't want to go back into that building tomorrow.

Not now.

Not ever.

Not even for a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies.

...... but I'll go back tomorrow, because I know that nothing will get done if I don't keep at it. Dh has his list and I have mine......

But I will be taking my Bible and wearing every piece of cross jewelry that I possess.......

Possibly these disturbances will stop or at least greatly decrease once you're done with the renovations. You're changing things after all and that just may be changing the "environment". Good luck and please post again if it goes on or gets worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter