Our day at SeaWorld

wakica

DIS Veteran
Just thought I'd post a link to our day at SeaWorld. doing up a trip report on our 19 day trip to Florida and just got my SW day up.

Hope you'll come check it out and maybe say hello :) I also put my opinions of the new Turtle Show in there too.

Here's the link...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45477337&postcount=108

or you can find the link to my whole trip report just below by the purple typing.

thanks - great to see Seaworld Review - we are planning a trip there in October. We haven't been since 2003 so your great photos are a huge planning help :)

We just did Sea World for the first time since I was a kid 20 years ago and really liked it. We didn't do any of the coasters and all shows and loved it. It's not Disney and there is definitely a customer service gap that is huge, but the park itself is much better than I expected. Loved the dolphin show, the Shamu Rocks show and did the Dolphin Backtage experience where we fed and trained dolphins. Awesome. If all you want is coasters I can see leaving early. We stayed from park open to park close with a brief break back at the pool and still didn't see all we wanted to.

Plus my kids loved the kids area rides. They are hokey but lots of fun.

Mike

Just thought I'd post a link to our day at SeaWorld. doing up a trip report on our 19 day trip to Florida and just got my SW day up.

Hope you'll come check it out and maybe say hello :) I also put my opinions of the new Turtle Show in there too.

Here's the link...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45477337&postcount=108

or you can find the link to my whole trip report just below by the purple typing.

i love see world for all round entertainment btw we love the mime, never gets old:rotfl2:

TFS! I read all the links and really appreciated your taking the time to post so many details of your trip. Sounds like lots of fun!

Glad to see some ppl reading it :) I agree, if you go to SW to do the shows and other things you could definitely use a few days at the park. There is SOO much to do. The first time we went we did a few shows and the rides and we were there for a VERY long day.

i will definitely pass along the info to the SW Mime fan page to my DH and DD. That`s so funny that they have a page :)

Thanks for the link. I love reading all about other people's holiday experiences. What a lovely detailed report! :)

It's not Disney and there is definitely a customer service gap that is huge

Funny how people have different experiences. Our family personally found SeaWorld to be as good, or better, than Disney as far as customer service went. We encountered some great staff that were super friendly and very willing to go the extra mile. Not everyone at Disney was as "magical" as they were hyped up to be.

We have been to all four Disney parks, both Universal parks, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove. The SeaWorld parks (SW and DC) were easily our favourites among them all.

I always find the comment "its not Disney" to be an odd one. Why would anyone expect a totally different park (with its own unique theme and focus), owned by a totally different corporation, to be the same as a competitor? I think the whole idea is to give families another option besides "the mouse".

Where is the Dolphin Nusery located? I can't seem to find it on the map??

It's not very big on the map; but its located near the center of the map.

When you are entering the park, stay to your right hand side as much as possible. You'll walk around Shamu's Emporium, between the emporium and the bakery and ice cream shop. Pass some bathrooms on the right, and a duck pond on your right. Dolphin Nursery is on the left before you head into the "waterfront" area (area where Voyagers, SeaFire Inn, and the Sky Tower are).

Thanks for checking it out everyone :) in the next few weeks I hope to get to my Universal Days too. Just working on my Race Day for when we did the Expedition Everest Challenge (5K and scavenger hunt through Animal Kingdom park). Then a few other things - exotic car experience, wedding by Tampa and then on to my Universal Days.

It's not very big on the map; but its located near the center of the map.

When you are entering the park, stay to your right hand side as much as possible. You'll walk around Shamu's Emporium, between the emporium and the bakery and ice cream shop. Pass some bathrooms on the right, and a duck pond on your right. Dolphin Nursery is on the left before you head into the "waterfront" area (area where Voyagers, SeaFire Inn, and the Sky Tower are).

Thanks. I've made my notes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter